Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #11,611  
Yesterday was lovely. Not humid, not wet. I was stuck inside all day with administrivia... such is life.

Maybe I can ride my Harley to work today?

Be well and God Bless all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #11,612  
They come from the Atlantis submarines, a tourist thing. Three locations here in Hawaii, others elsewhere. These are an industrial grade made by Hawker. The batteries my friend is looking at are 2 volt, weigh about 75lbs each - approx 5.5"x6.25"x32" tall, about 800 amp hour. They also had a larger one at 1600ah. 24 to make a 48 volt bank for off grid system. Apparently some regulation makes them change them out with lots of life left, about 400 cycles used out of 3000.

Also found out the batteries in my system now run about $1500 each - I have 12 and thought the $10k at the time was an ouch.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

David,

Back in '89 I rode one of those Atlantis deals with my then girlfriend (now soon to be Ex-Wife it seems) so she could say she had been on a submarine also.

I like the idea of using those batteries for "off grid"... How much were they?

Very cool. Thanks for explaning.

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #11,613  
Coffee is brewing. 48° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 80° with lots of sun shine. Back to normal with Great Grand Daughter and her family returning home yesterday. Need to get grass cut before it gets to hot outside.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,614  
54 degrees on a beautiful morning, going up to 81 and looks good through the weekend.
Today Nadene and I go to our garden for the first time in two weeks. Friends helped weed, so we aren't sure what we are going to find.
as long as they shut the gate door when they left I'll be happy. so far our solar electric fencing has been totally effective at keeping ground critters out.

So far the lettuce, radishes, broccoli and strawberries have been a big success. Once the ground dries out we are hoping the everbearing strawberries will regroup and start again; we had to clip off all the rain overloaded mushy ones. The spinach did not turn out well, nor the peas. We seem to get one or two pea pods on a tiny plant and then the plant croaks. Water and fertilized, maybe bad mojo, but two years in a row and I think peas are coming off the menu.

After more than a foot of rain here, I have no idea what we will find today.
Maybe a giant beanstalk growing up past the scarecrow out of sight? well, that might be the meds talking...:D
And like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, how does one harvest a magic beanstalk?

I just have this silly picture of farmgirl's two beagles sitting at the bottom of that beanstalk, looking up intently, just waiting
for the word to climb. Hmm, do beagles climb?

have a nice day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,616  
daugen; I've had Beagles that would climb the tree to try to get to the squirrel! I don't see them climbing the beanstalk, however one of mine really does LOVE his green beans. I usually plant a few plants for him to "hunt" for his own meal! I don't think either of my current ones would do much climbing. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #11,617  
I just have this silly picture of farmgirl's two beagles sitting at the bottom of that beanstalk, looking up intently, just waiting
for the word to climb. Hmm, do beagles climb?

If they take the same pills you do!:D

/ Good morning!!!! #11,618  
60 now, 80 later, humidity back for the weekend, gotta go to work early today, big installation job in the megalopolis of Wenona, MD.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,619  
65 this morning heading to low 80s today big storm yesterday big wind one half inch of rain.speaking of gas prices in 1970-1971 bought gas in Salem Va for 14.9 cents per gallon durning gas wars of early 70s. Also walked to school up hill both ways in four foot of snow

/ Good morning!!!! #11,620  
good morning we have cloudy skies and 64 degrees this morning.its going to be humid today and a high of 82.