Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #321  
Every extra pound of unneeded steel is that much less you can lift. When you have a skid steer or large tractor it's not a big deal. But when your tractor is a CUT weight matters a lot.
using a smaller amount of a higher grade of steel might be more economical than torching all those holes...

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #322  
using a smaller amount of a higher grade of steel might be more economical than torching all those holes...

Let EA come up with their own products. If you can do better, start your own........its a free market. I like ea's products, too bad I'm too far away to be a customer.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #323  
Let EA come up with their own products. If you can do better, start your own........its a free market.
Yep, i can do better, thats why i usually make my own... fancy looking factory made stuff doesnt last here :)

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #324  

I can't speak for EA but the last time I priced out higher grade steel it got pricy quickly. EA could have done the math and realized this way turned out to be less expensive, lighter, and or stronger than jumping up to the next higher strength steel. I guess it would be wise to ask EA what grade of steel they use.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #325  

I can't speak for EA but the last time I priced out higher grade steel it got pricy quickly. EA could have done the math and realized this way turned out to be less expensive, lighter, and or stronger than jumping up to the next higher strength steel. I guess it would be wise to ask EA what grade of steel they use.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #326  
We do use a high quality Grade 80 steel which takes a smaller amount that results in a lighter weight. The holes result in an even lighter weight.

Like I said, cheap is not us. We don't try to come up with ways to design a product to be the least expensive, we want to offer you the highest quality product at a reasonable price.
We can do that because we have no dealers, distributors, on the road salesmen, big flashy trucks on the road, printed advertisement etc. that is factored into the price with other "high end" products.

If you do a side-by-side comparison with one of our attachments and a comparable priced big name attachment, I guarantee that ours will beat it BY FAR.
If you have a taste for quality, do the same with a cheap product vs. ETA and notice the difference.

There's a place in the market for all kinds.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #327  
Any chance you guys will produce a single top 54" or 60" grapple? How about the assemble yourself kits?

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #329  
Any chance you guys will produce a single top 54" or 60" grapple? How about the assemble yourself kits?

The 50" will be the only single lid offering. I think the single lid is a disadvantage for the most part on anything larger because off balanced loads wouldn't get grabbed tightly.
The rake style C shaped grapple is on the drawing board now and should be our next offering. It will be very similar to the Bradco grapple rake, but with several improvements.:D

The DIY kits was idea that is on hold. It will take a lot of time, before and after the sale, for the kits to be possible and we're not ready to tackle it in the near future.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #330  
The DIY kits was idea that is on hold. It will take a lot of time, before and after the sale, for the kits to be possible and we're not ready to tackle it in the near future.

What are your thoughts on selling a few "individual" pieces like the top lid parts or perhaps the bottom tines, etc? Nothing assembled of course. That way if someone wanted to build their own grapple they could purchase the harder to make parts from EA and get other pieces locally. I could be wrong but if the dimensions are stored in the cutting machine memory it shouldn't be too much of a problem to program a part to be cut for a customer whether it's 1 tine or 10 tines? Shipping would be cheaper too!

Also I commend EA for your commitment to American made quality! Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.