Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,351  
What I am thinking is to go with liquid but only 4th or 5th time that a particular piece is laundered. The other option would be to move back to fabric dryer sheets but I hear those clog can clog the dryer and potentially cause a fire. I will go with water over fire anyday.
-Stu

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,352  
The wife, uses the Bounce drier bars, they stick to the inside of the drum.

Dave

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,353  
The wife, uses the Bounce drier bars, they stick to the inside of the drum.

Dave

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,354  
What I am thinking is to go with liquid but only 4th or 5th time that a particular piece is laundered. The other option would be to move back to fabric dryer sheets but I hear those clog can clog the dryer and potentially cause a fire. I will go with water over fire anyday.
-Stu

You need to keep your lint screen/filter in the dryer clean. My wife cleans ours after every use. The vent pipe to the outside and the flapper need to be cleaned periodically as well, since no lint screen stops it all.
The idea is to dry the clothes with warm dry air flowing through them to the outside; not par boiling them with hot air and trapped moisture.
Most dryers today have a moisture sensor in the drum that controls how long the unit runs. If you trap/****** the moisture escaping through a clogged filter/vent system you cause the dryer to run longer, resulting in wasted electricity and extra damage/wear to the clothes.
Some say that fabric dryer sheets coat the sensor, others say the liquid softner does.
The advantage of the sheets is that they remove static electricity as well as soften.
We have used them in the same dryer for over 20 years without any problems to the sensor.
You have to follow the directions and keep the lint filter clean so there is good air flow.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,355  
You need to keep your lint screen/filter in the dryer clean. My wife cleans ours after every use. The vent pipe to the outside and the flapper need to be cleaned periodically as well, since no lint screen stops it all.
The idea is to dry the clothes with warm dry air flowing through them to the outside; not par boiling them with hot air and trapped moisture.
Most dryers today have a moisture sensor in the drum that controls how long the unit runs. If you trap/****** the moisture escaping through a clogged filter/vent system you cause the dryer to run longer, resulting in wasted electricity and extra damage/wear to the clothes.
Some say that fabric dryer sheets coat the sensor, others say the liquid softner does.
The advantage of the sheets is that they remove static electricity as well as soften.
We have used them in the same dryer for over 20 years without any problems to the sensor.
You have to follow the directions and keep the lint filter clean so there is good air flow.

To that good advice I would add that the vent piping should be cleaned out periodically. You can buy tools to do this, or disassemble if that works.

To some extent, the amount of lint that collects on the inside of the vent pipe depends on how much condensation is forming there while the dryer is running. A long vent pipe exposed to cool temps will build-up more lint inside as it sticks to the condensation. You should limit the number of turns and elbows too.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,356  
To some extent, the amount of lint that collects on the inside of the vent pipe depends on how much condensation is forming there while the dryer is running. A long vent pipe exposed to cool temps will build-up more lint inside as it sticks to the condensation. You should limit the number of turns and elbows too.

Exactly.. The run is usually limited to a few feet, in the manual, but reduced by 5 feet for every turn/elbow.
The shorter the better and the easier to clean. That's why most home designs have the dryer next to an outside wall.
Not a dangerous long run in a cool basement with many turns, as is the case in Peter's moms house.
It was discussed at the time but the long run was their choice.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,358  
Congrats. However, Nattie Light to celebrate? Come on now. This calls for a good craft brew.:licking:

MoKelly

I should start a "What are you drinking?" thread.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,359  
I should start a "What are you drinking?" thread.

George Dickle... You?

Please start such a thread... I might learn me sumthin...

:D

David