Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #211  
Oil change/filter replace done. 50 hr service complete!:cool2::thumbsup:

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #212  
It's a great feeling isn't it! Well done!!

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX
I always feel a sense of satisfaction after completing the regular scheduled maintenance and don't think I'd feel as good if I had the dealer do it and for certain wouldn't after paying the bill.
I have several fuel filters because I've never changed one and I just clean the air filters with compressed air. Course up to this point I've never owned a high hours Kubota out of 17 purchases;. One of them (F2680) was used that I bought last month and just did the 150 hours service on it last week. I had also done the 50 and 100 hours service on the used F2680 bought last week since I was the original owner of it for 4 years,:D

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #214  
I had the dealer come to my house to do the 50 hour service because the tractor was new and under warranty. The mechanic showed me how to do it. I just wanted to have a maintenance record for the critical 50 hour service so there would be no issues if the tractor broke early in its life. Now I do all the fluid and filter changes myself-- pretty easy job.

Recently did F3080 100 hour 3 year oil, oil filter, hyd filter and antifreeze change for sold F3080.
Nearing 50 hour service to do on B2620, F3080 and 100 hours on RTV1140 but maybe they'll make it to spring or some of them will. My brother in law has a direct injection heater for his machine shop so I give him all removed hyd and oil so he'll want me to do them before spring. No, none of the hyd fluid will be exchanged before or at the 50 or 100 hours interval by me. I follow the Kubota owners manual recommended change intervals and feel good doing so.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #216  
Way to stay on top of things, John.:thumbsup:

Oops!!! Also need to do some greasing.:D

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #218  
Yes! Greasing is important. Forgot to mention I had greased my pedal assembly and all fittings on fel when I did my service last Sunday. Didn't look like it needed it but I try to put a couple pumps of fresh grease in everything about every 10th or 12th use (no matter how many or few hrs logged). Cheap insurance not to have major headaches.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #219  
I had the dealer come to my house to do the 50 hour service because the tractor was new and under warranty. The mechanic showed me how to do it. I just wanted to have a maintenance record for the critical 50 hour service so there would be no issues if the tractor broke early in its life. Now I do all the fluid and filter changes myself-- pretty easy job.

My dealer wanted $650 to come out and do 50 hr service. So I passed.

I had lug nuts very loose so be sure and check yours. I should have checked mine at the 5 hr mark probably.....

Plus I happened to notice about a third of the rear wheel bolts were not seated correctly by the dealer. Easy fix but just more setup stuff that's needed attention. Here's one.

WP_20131028_008.jpg

Last edited:
My dealer wanted $650 to come out and do 50 hr service. So I passed.

I had lug nuts very loose so be sure and check yours. I should have checked mine at the 5 hr mark probably.....

Plus I happened to notice about a third of the rear wheel bolts were not seated correctly by the dealer. Easy fix but just more setup stuff that's needed attention. Here's one.

View attachment 343853

Another reason to do your own service and check your own machine. There are some dealers with great service depts. but no one cares as much as you do or you should for YOUR machine.:thumbsup: