Covering 3 pt implements ?

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #31  
An old man once said " your gonna pay for a shed/barn whether you build one or not." He was referring to increased maintenance, replacement, rusting, uv damage, wastage etc of "stuff" ( tractors, hay, implements, feed, etc) left out in the elements.

A Wise Old man indeed. :)

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #32  
The only farms I see with implements outside is rusted out junk.

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #33  
bdavis,

I built a 10'x20' shed with shelves that hold some of the smaller implements - sander/spreader, back blade, rake, chipper and auger. The bigger stuff - bush-hog, box blade stay on the ground. It is board and batten with metal roof and open front with pvc glass doors to allow sun it to keep moisture low. I use the forks to get items off the shelf when needed. And yes, I should have built it deeper 12'-14' but we can build up to 218 sq.ft. without permit here thus 20'x10'.

Attachments

• IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    525.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_4761.JPG
    IMG_4761.JPG
    644.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_4763.JPG
    IMG_4763.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4764.JPG
    IMG_4764.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 208
   / Covering 3 pt implements ? #34  
Very clever idea to get around the permit thing Lloyd!!! That shed accomplishes a lot for no bigger than it is!!!! Very clever.

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #35  
I hate having my stuff outside, so I've been busy this year trying to get my barn/shop up before the weather really turns. 40x64, 12ft overhang on the back, 14ft wall height, two 18x12' doors in the front, and a 12x10' door on each end. Because there was already a structure there, we couldn't easily do a regular pole setup, so I opted for a continuous 12" thick poured foundation. The shop side is 24x40, has full bath plumbing (even a shower!), radiant heat tubing and manifold, city water, 5.5" thick slab with 2" insulation underneath, and existing septic. The barn side will get a concrete slab in the Spring or Fall (skipped it to save time), and will be heated by a big wood burner (tons of firewood on the property). I'm going to build a dividing wall between the shop and barn, but put a tall roll-up door in it so I can move machines between the two sides. I also plan to put a drop ceiling on one side of the shop so that I can have a storage loft overhead, with access from the barn side. Needless to say, I've been planning it for a couple of years now. I'm certain I will have $55-65k (will vary with how much I send on wiring, lights, and bathroom finishing) in it when it's done, and that doesn't include the concrete aprons, or extending the existing concrete driveway to get to it....ouch. This is how it looked first thing ths morning...sorry, they're a bit dark, and blurry:

7F49BB27-9084-4195-9B7E-33466DAF9C96_zpsamuorjk6.jpg

409D0615-1DEA-403B-8FDE-7D6C49AC1397_zpshtitctnd.jpg

7BED1F64-180C-4EB6-9D45-CA848A9FA8AF_zpsqb0mdwri.jpg

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #36  
bdavis,

I built a 10'x20' shed with shelves that hold some of the smaller implements - sander/spreader, back blade, rake, chipper and auger. The bigger stuff - bush-hog, box blade stay on the ground. It is board and batten with metal roof and open front with pvc glass doors to allow sun it to keep moisture low. I use the forks to get items off the shelf when needed. And yes, I should have built it deeper 12'-14' but we can build up to 218 sq.ft. without permit here thus 20'x10'.

Wow, great idea!

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #37  
I hate having my stuff outside, so I've been busy this year trying to get my barn/shop up before the weather really turns. 40x64, 12ft overhang on the back, 14ft wall height, two 18x12' doors in the front, and a 12x10' door on each end. Because there was already a structure there, we couldn't easily do a regular pole setup, so I opted for a continuous 12" thick poured foundation. The shop side is 24x40, has full bath plumbing (even a shower!), radiant heat tubing and manifold, city water, 5.5" thick slab with 2" insulation underneath, and existing septic. The barn side will get a concrete slab in the Spring or Fall (skipped it to save time), and will be heated by a big wood burner (tons of firewood on the property). I'm going to build a dividing wall between the shop and barn, but put a tall roll-up door in it so I can move machines between the two sides. I also plan to put a drop ceiling on one side of the shop so that I can have a storage loft overhead, with access from the barn side. Needless to say, I've been planning it for a couple of years now. I'm certain I will have $55-65k (will vary with how much I send on wiring, lights, and bathroom finishing) in it when it's done, and that doesn't include the concrete aprons, or extending the existing concrete driveway to get to it....ouch. This is how it looked first thing ths morning...sorry, they're a bit dark, and blurry:

7F49BB27-9084-4195-9B7E-33466DAF9C96_zpsamuorjk6.jpg

409D0615-1DEA-403B-8FDE-7D6C49AC1397_zpshtitctnd.jpg

7BED1F64-180C-4EB6-9D45-CA848A9FA8AF_zpsqb0mdwri.jpg

That should work

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #38  
I built a 40' x 16' lean to 10' high in front and 6' in the back. It was pole barn style

The cost for materials from menards was $2300.00. I will install sliding doors this summer.
It took us 3 days to build.

image-1940778802.jpg

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #39  
I built a 40' x 16' lean to 10' high in front and 6' in the back. It was pole barn style

The cost for materials from menards was $2300.00. I will install sliding doors this summer.
It took us 3 days to build.

View attachment 349165

There ya go Murfster!!! Good investment!!!

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #40  
I hate having my stuff outside, so I've been busy this year trying to get my barn/shop up before the weather really turns. 40x64, 12ft overhang on the back, 14ft wall height, two 18x12' doors in the front, and a 12x10' door on each end.

Holy cow!!!! Very nice. You will not regret having that once it is done.