Covering 3 pt implements ?

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #51  
ccsw.jpg

Of course, I outgrew that barn in a few years and had to put up another shed. This one is 20x24 on a slab, houses my ATV and the Pasquali, lawn equipment in the winter and snow equipment in the summer.

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #52  
Thanks!

Yes the floor joists have 2x3 flanges and OSB (oriented strand board) webs. VERY strong and allowed me to span the 20' depth with no center posts. I can't even begin to wedge enough hay in that loft to stress the floor.

Yep that's what I thought they were. Definitely the best way to do something like that. You should be very proud. Did you dream this design up in your head and build it without blueprints??

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #53  
Of course, I outgrew that barn in a few years and had to put up another shed. This one is 20x24 on a slab, houses my ATV and the Pasquali, lawn equipment in the winter and snow equipment in the summer.

Ain't that the truth. But your designs give your property character. :)

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #54  
Yep that's what I thought they were. Definitely the best way to do something like that. You should be very proud. Did you dream this design up in your head and build it without blueprints??

Shows, huh? :laughing:

Yeah, that's the result of several weeks of thinking and about 10 minutes of doodling on a napkin. :shocked: I wish I'd had the money to put it on a slab but I was between a rock and a hard place for hay storage and had 30 days to get something up and ready for hay.

I've been around carpentry enough to do a decent job on outbuildings. All the kids are married and gone and I'm too broke/cheap to hire anybody so I wind up doing it myself. I did con one son-in-law into spending a day helping me set the rafters and another day hanging the tin on that barn.

garage.jpg

I built this garage pretty much by myself as well. Coincidentally, after pounding every nail in that potlicker with a 20 oz hammer, I bought my first pneumatic nailer...:thumbsup:

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #55  
I built this garage pretty much by myself as well. Coincidentally, after pounding every nail in that potlicker with a 20 oz hammer, I bought my first pneumatic nailer...:thumbsup:

That's how I roll.... Heheheheh.

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #56  
Now you've got all of us jealous!!

They wanted about $30,000 to run 3 phase to me

Ouch! I don't know what they'll charge for the power drop, but 3 phase will be at least to the pole for free. They said it didn't cost them much extra, since they were already running all new lines, and poles. I'm sure it would've been very expensive if I had to pay for everything.

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #57  
Very clever idea to get around the permit thing Lloyd!!! That shed accomplishes a lot for no bigger than it is!!!! Very clever.

ovrszd and gmanbart,

I will take credit for the permit dodging but not the shelves. Way back 3-4 years ago somebody on TBN showed the shelf solution, which is a very, very clever solution. I have 8 buildings on the property now - house, main horse barn, workshop, blacksmith shop, woodshed, implement shed, chicken coop, garden shed etc. I need to build two more sheds in the spring for turkeys and ducks plus expand the chicken coop. My good buddy ribs me all the time about building a village! In hindsight... I should have built a large 40'x80' 1.5 story building down in the back pasture.

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #58  
I built a 40' x 16' lean to 10' high in front and 6' in the back. It was pole barn style

The cost for materials from menards was $2300.00. I will install sliding doors this summer.
It took us 3 days to build.

View attachment 349165

I like that. I've often thought about building something of that style as a "do all" shed. Firewood, implements, etc. Somehow, when I get a pencil in my hand, dimensions grow. :laughing:

I would probably make it deeper like 20', and taller 12' front and 8' back. I've thought a side wall enclosed section in the middle, with maybe a 4' wide door, would be useful for dry, small garden tool, rototiller, push mower, etc. storage.

/ Covering 3 pt implements ?
bdavis,

I built a 10'x20' shed with shelves that hold some of the smaller implements - sander/spreader, back blade, rake, chipper and auger. The bigger stuff - bush-hog, box blade stay on the ground. It is board and batten with metal roof and open front with pvc glass doors to allow sun it to keep moisture low. I use the forks to get items off the shelf when needed. And yes, I should have built it deeper 12'-14' but we can build up to 218 sq.ft. without permit here thus 20'x10'.

Really love the shelves and the doors. Something in that style is what I would like to end up with .
I guess the good thing about having a place out in the woods and doing all the work myself is I can permit myself to build anything I want (grin)

/ Covering 3 pt implements ? #60  
Really love the shelves and the doors. Something in that style is what I would like to end up with .
I guess the good thing about having a place out in the woods and doing all the work myself is I can permit myself to build anything I want (grin)

There's a LOT of value in that Bdavis!!!! I'm blessed to not live or own a farm in areas with building restrictions. If I can nail it together, it's legal. I like that!!!

I also really enjoy seeing pictures of other's creations. It's a window into their imaginations. Very fascinating and I admire their talent.