DK40HST Wont turn over

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #41  
Koua, how much height does it add to the ROPS? I know the dk40 is an inch or two under 8'.

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #42  
090812 006.jpg083112 008.jpg083112 009.jpg

Koua, how much height does it add to the ROPS? I know the dk40 is an inch or two under 8'.

Very little.. an inch?

James K0UA

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #43  
Then it should fit in a 8' garage door opening. On kiotis website, the ck35 is taller than a dk.

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #44  
My shop is 1 1/2 mile from my house. I drive the tractor back and forth a lot. Before I finally made a rear view mirror, I would look over my left shoulder for traffic and bump the key with my knee and kill it. Nothing worst for an engine than to stop it stone dead with high exhaust temps. Thank God I don't have a turbo. I am going to move it.

Where to are you going to move it?

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #45  
Then it should fit in a 8' garage door opening. On kiotis website, the ck35 is taller than a dk.

I have that exact canopy on my DK-40 and it JUST fits under an 8' door, and I mean JUST! I removed the lower handle off the inside of the door so there is less chance of the canopy hitting on the way into the barn. I had to adjust the canopy while the tractor was in the doorway so as to get it to clear with the most amount of clearance. It's a critical adjustment, AND if you get snow you CANNOT allow any build up in front of the door outside or it will raise up the tractor/canopy and possibly result in damage to both door and canopy. YMMV.:confused3:

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #46  
If I eventually complete a deal on a dk40, this is helpful to know

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #47  
My door is a theoretical 9 foot so its actual opening is 8 foot something.. So I have lots of clearance.

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #48  
I'll measure mine when I go to the barn shortly, and post back the actual height.

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #49  
Here are the actual heights: Canopy at top, front, above dash cluster: 8'3". Overhead door at floor to max opening: 8'6" So, a bare minimum of 3" clearance. Note: that is with R4 industrial tires, and my KB-2485 backhoe on as well as my plow on the front. The hoe probably makes for 1" of the 3" overall clearance, meaning if you do not have a hoe mounted you might only have 2" clearance total.....

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #50  
CM, thanks for taking the time to measure. I'm not certain Kioti has the right measurements they list on the website for the dk40. 95", 96.3" for the cab.