DK40HST Wont turn over

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #31  
And it still would not hurt to spray some Fluid Film (or your favorite lube/cleaner) into that ignition switch..I had some intermittent operation on mine over a year ago, and after spraying, no problems since.. To be fair the tractor is now stored under cover not out in the rain, but the Fluid Film seems to have fixed it up. Rain water can easily get into that switch causing corrosion with the contacts.

James K0UA

/ DK40HST Wont turn over
And it still would not hurt to spray some Fluid Film (or your favorite lube/cleaner) into that ignition switch..I had some intermittent operation on mine over a year ago, and after spraying, no problems since.. To be fair the tractor is now stored under cover not out in the rain, but the Fluid Film seems to have fixed it up. Rain water can easily get into that switch causing corrosion with the contacts.

James K0UA

That was the first thing I tried James. Thanks
Nick

/ DK40HST Wont turn over

James K0UA

That was the first thing I tried James. Thanks
Nick

/ DK40HST Wont turn over
I think with the help of everyone My new Kioti starts every time. My dealer sent me a new relay. I replaced the old one, sat in the seat, turned the key and she fired up. Its been a week now and no issue what so ever. Thank you everyone.

Nick

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #35  
I think with the help of everyone My new Kioti starts every time. My dealer sent me a new relay. I replaced the old one, sat in the seat, turned the key and she fired up. Its been a week now and no issue what so ever. Thank you everyone.

Nick

Thanks for getting back with us Nick..Hope that is the end of your problems with your machine:thumbsup:

James K0UA

/ DK40HST Wont turn over
Thanks for getting back with us Nick..Hope that is the end of your problems with your machine:thumbsup:

James K0UA

I hope thats the last also. I'm sure happy with it!!!!

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #38  
Just turned over the 50 hour point on my DK45 and I don't like the key position. It is in a place where my knee can hit it or the dog bumping into it and have bent the key a couple of times already.

Amen! Key is in a terrible position! Not only is it completely unprotected but it's vulnerable as well. I've hit it repeatedly w/ my knee to the point where it now has a bend in it ! And if I'm working in inclement weather the water runs right down it. I keep a towel there to avoid water tracking into the ignition housing.

:mur: :thumbsdown:

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #39  
Amen! Key is in a terrible position! Not only is it completely unprotected but it's vulnerable as well. I've hit it repeatedly w/ my knee to the point where it now has a bend in it ! And if I'm working in inclement weather the water runs right down it. I keep a towel there to avoid water tracking into the ignition housing.

:mur: :thumbsdown:

Get a nice sunshade, (like mine) and it won't do that any more:) It not only keeps the sun off it keeps the rain off too! I agree the location would have been a lot better up under the dash a bit to protect it from water . Although I have never hit the key with my knee. Maybe my legs are shorter:) I highly recommend a shot of Fluid Film in it every once in a while to help keep out moisture and keep the contacts lubed up.

Wells Ag Company

James K0UA

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #40  
My shop is 1 1/2 mile from my house. I drive the tractor back and forth a lot. Before I finally made a rear view mirror, I would look over my left shoulder for traffic and bump the key with my knee and kill it. Nothing worst for an engine than to stop it stone dead with high exhaust temps. Thank God I don't have a turbo. I am going to move it.