Texas Grapple Shootout

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #192  
Just to illustrate different opinions.:) All I see in the photo is all that plastic that will crack out some day.:eek:

You are a little fired up lately, I like that. I can't say there is any more plastic than in any new auto. By the way, does the cab glass provide UV protection?

/ Texas Grapple Shootout
Don,
Wondering how many more hours you have used your grapple since the extra valve discussion took off?
Are you anymore comfortable using it just as you had it hooked up originally?

It sounded like your original problem was more of needing an additional remote to supply your box scraper tilt
than one of a dexterity problem in operating your grapple as you originally hooked it up.
Do you really need to operate the tilt on your box blade while using the grapple?

More goodies are fun to contemplate but often become just one more leak or electrical problem to fool
with down the road a bit in addition to not really improving efficiency that much.

Ron, It has been cold down here also but I have operated it a full 2 days and I OK with the remote operation away from the joystick. I think I found a $99 valve (+ connections) to add to one of the rear remotes to keep my top and tilt operations on the box blade. I just can't figure out if I need a 3/4" valve or a 1/2" valve. I'm leaning to a 1/2" today. ?
Metro Machine Selector Valve, 1/2in. Port, 20 GPM Flow | Machine Selector Valves| Northern Tool + Equipment
Comparing 2 Items| Northern Tool + Equipment

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #195  
Ron, It has been cold down here also but I have operated it a full 2 days and I OK with the remote operation away from the joystick. I think I found a $99 valve (+ connections) to add to one of the rear remotes to keep my top and tilt operations on the box blade. I just can't figure out if I need a 3/4" valve or a 1/2" valve. I'm leaning to a 1/2" today. ?

Sounds like a simple solution.
Have you compared the cost to getting a kit with a new handle and solenoid valve to go into your "power beyond"
rear remote line?
How does the cost compare?

Here's a video with your brand. How To Series - 3rd Function Auxiliary Hydraulics for Tractor Loaders - YouTube

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #196  
Sounds like a simple solution.
Have you compared the cost to getting a kit with a new handle and solenoid valve to go into your "power beyond"
rear remote line?
How does the cost compare?

Here's a video with your brand. How To Series - 3rd Function Auxiliary Hydraulics for Tractor Loaders - YouTube

Ted is great but his premise that "you're going to want to operate the grapple open/close and loader dump/curl at the same time" is debatable. Many of us do just fine with sequential operation.

/ Texas Grapple Shootout
Ron I saw that video but I might have an issue with it because that's where my BH is connected.

For $524 I can get a Kubota third remote added to my Kubota double stack. There is already an open slot for the remote lever next to the other two. I'll have to check into that tomorrow. Here is what half of it looks like on Ebay for $300. (but the dealer sells it for $284)((part #L8344))
Kubota L30 Series Double Acting Remote Hydraulic Control Valve Assembly | eBay

This is the other part but I can't seem to find a image. (part # L8308)
VALVE L8308

Another cold front is hitting tomorrow so no tractoring for the next 3-4 days lots of time to figure it out - diverter valve or 3rd remote.

/ Texas Grapple Shootout
Ted is great but his premise that "you're going to want to operate the grapple open/close and loader dump/curl at the same time" is debatable. Many of us do just fine with sequential operation.

IT, sequential operation is OK with me also.

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #199  
Looking a bit further.
3rd function auxilliary hydraulic kits for all brands of tractors and loaders! purchase online, free shipping within 1,000 miles!!
That adds another 30% to the cost of your grapple.

I'd keep doing it the way you are now. But I'm a cheapskate.
I really wouldn't want a couple hoses with couplings on them up there if the grapple was not attached.
Then they'd have to be covered to keep the dirt off.