JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #41  
Nice explanation of the 3 point arms install with old charming loquacious Billsmax. I wish he had given the part numbers from JD . MY local JD parts man will only order if he has the numbers.......hmmm

If you are looking for the part numbers for the 3 point kit, the hydraulic set is number LVB25340 (top n tilt) the standard set is number LVB24858

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #42  
I don't have the specs memorized... But I seem to recall that the Yanmar pencils out closer to the L35 Kubota than the other TLB's.

AKfish

No it is larger & stronger, except its 3pt hitch is weak for its size and it has low PTO power. It is a good little TLB

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #43  
The Kioti 's pump capacity is 16.8 gpm. I was just curious as to what makes up the difference between a tlb and a similar equipt farm tractor.

Duty cycle is part of the equation. Bigger pins, heavier pin bosses, beefier frames, more hydraulics, larger lines, better filtration capacity, more oil capacity, more cooling, etc. When they design a backhoe attachment for a farm tractor, it is designed with a particular duty cycle and they actually design them with a duty lifetime in hours. You will not find that data anywhere, but it is part of the design parameters. Whereas a TLB might be designed for triple the duty.

For the average user, the Kioti/Mahindra/LS, etc., will dig all the holes you need and you won't wear it out. But if you plan to run a lot of 8 hour days digging at or near maximum, the dedicated TLB will outlast the farm tractor/backhoe attachment by a long ways.

We sell a ton of tractors, and about every 4th one goes out with a backhoe attachment. I like them, I sell them and folks are happy. But if a guy says he is going to dig septic tanks and do backfills commercially with multiple operators on a daily basis, I suggest he pays the $100k plus for a dedicated JD310 or Cat 416. Or that he gets an excavator.

Keep in mind the quality of the controls. The controls themselves, just the valve bank, on a full size excavator costs more than an entire backhoe attachment for a 40 HP tractor. Yes they are smooth...they should be.

For the average homeowner or hobby farm, a backhoe attachment does a wonderful job. Throw away the shovel! Toss the wheel barrow. Save your back. It's all good.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #44  
Well stated, Dave. Thanks.

AKfish

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #45  
Tractor data has the L35 @ 6000lbs approx, the L39@ 7000 and the 45 @ 7173. I wonder about the accuracy of these numbers as I have read differing numbers elsewhere by as much as several hundred lbs.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #46  
Thanks.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #47  
Does the M59 BH detach like the 110? Can't seem to find out here on the net.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #48  
Check out the Kubota website. Some of the photos show M59 with backhoe removed and 3 pt and PTO-driven implements. I understand the BH detaches much the same as the other Kubota TLB's. Like the 110 used to be, you have to buy the 3pt arms since they don't come as standard equipment. Also like 110, the FEL is permanently attached.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #49  
Tractor data has the L35 @ 6000lbs approx, the L39@ 7000 and the 45 @ 7173. I wonder about the accuracy of these numbers as I have read differing numbers elsewhere by as much as several hundred lbs.

That is the weight with BH attached. Kubotas tend to be light, so I've added +1000 Lbs to my L39 The M59 could use another 1,000 Lbs too

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #50  
Duty cycle is part of the equation. Bigger pins, heavier pin bosses, beefier frames, more hydraulics, larger lines, better filtration capacity, more oil capacity, more cooling, etc. When they design a backhoe attachment for a farm tractor, it is designed with a particular duty cycle and they actually design them with a duty lifetime in hours. You will not find that data anywhere, but it is part of the design parameters. Whereas a TLB might be designed for triple the duty.

For the average user, the Kioti/Mahindra/LS, etc., will dig all the holes you need and you won't wear it out. But if you plan to run a lot of 8 hour days digging at or near maximum, the dedicated TLB will outlast the farm tractor/backhoe attachment by a long ways.

We sell a ton of tractors, and about every 4th one goes out with a backhoe attachment. I like them, I sell them and folks are happy. But if a guy says he is going to dig septic tanks and do backfills commercially with multiple operators on a daily basis, I suggest he pays the $100k plus for a dedicated JD310 or Cat 416. Or that he gets an excavator.

Keep in mind the quality of the controls. The controls themselves, just the valve bank, on a full size excavator costs more than an entire backhoe attachment for a 40 HP tractor. Yes they are smooth...they should be.

For the average homeowner or hobby farm, a backhoe attachment does a wonderful job. Throw away the shovel! Toss the wheel barrow. Save your back. It's all good.

I can't run a small BH well enough to impress anyone, but I can pick up a coke can with a commercial machine with pilot controls. Some operators could probably pick up an egg! If you like your small backhoe, never try a big machine.