Everything Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments #531  
What kind of packaging should I expect my 66" wide single lid grapple to come on? I assume it's on skid of some sort. Will it fit in the bed of my truck or should I bring the trailer ?

Thanks

/ Everything Attachments #532  
My 72 came on a skid. Easily fit in the back of a pickup.

/ Everything Attachments #534  
Ordered my xtreme duty box blade on the 27th of May, and got delivered today, June 3rd. Way to go, EA....Thanks!

/ Everything Attachments #535  
In another thread EA convinced me that I'd be happier with a grapple than a 4 in 1 bucket. My problem now is deciding between the EA 60" root rake grapple or the 60" Wicked root grapple. This is going on a not yet delivered JD 4066 R (open station) with a 180ML loader. I've configured it with the skid steer carrier and 3rd function. The grapple will be used primarily in clearing land for food plots so, in addition to moving slashings and logs I'll also be root raking and grubbing stumps. The 4066 R is light so I have configured it with 440 lbs of rear wheel weights (R4 tires) and can fit 5 70lb suitcase weights on the front with the 180. I likely will be ordering a 72" extreme duty box blade from them to serve as additional ballast. I like the "dexterity" I'd get with the Wicked's two lids, and longer tines closer together. On the other hand, the root rake grapple is a little sturdier and about 40 lbs heavier that would be helpful clearing land. How likely am I to tear something up if I use the Wicked root grapple as a root rake? Thanks for any advice.

/ Everything Attachments #536  
I finally had a chance to go pick up my grapple yesterday. The people at YRC Freight were great. Got it home, ripped off the plastic, snipped the steel strapping and pondered how to get it out. Turns out it is really hard to lift of lower something into the bed of a truck. My plan was to lift it up a few inches and drive out from under it, but the front of the tractor would want to hit the truck before I was centered over the load. So instead I was able to VERY carefully finesse my way in and attach directly to the quick attach and lift it out fully attached to the FEL. Spent the next several hours going to two or three places gathering my hoses, fittings etc, came home and put it all together. The grapple works great and on my Kioti the rear remote lever is very close to my FEL joystick. I'm, just going to stick with that for now. The one thing I can say if you are measuring hoses for either running it from the rear remotes or third function is to curl the grapple all the way forward. I ran into a problem with tight hoses when I did this, but with some rerouting I think I'm okay now. Oh, btw, this thing opens WIDE, way way wide, as wide as you would ever want.

3C418AED-B53A-46C2-95A4-EE8A80BC716A_zpsrognqyqj.jpg
C43F7DD6-3F29-4EBE-83AF-2A0B595F2833_zps6ygoh1uu.jpg
C73C9C39-1E9D-4147-B6F4-2A9FC6CFE483_zpsionyaeso.jpg

/ Everything Attachments #537  
I finally had a chance to go pick up my grapple yesterday. The people at YRC Freight were great. Got it home, ripped off the plastic, snipped the steel strapping and pondered how to get it out. Turns out it is really hard to lift of lower something into the bed of a truck. My plan was to lift it up a few inches and drive out from under it, but the front of the tractor would want to hit the truck before I was centered over the load. So instead I was able to VERY carefully finesse my way in and attach directly to the quick attach and lift it out fully attached to the FEL. Spent the next several hours going to two or three places gathering my hoses, fittings etc, came home and put it all together. The grapple works great and on my Kioti the rear remote lever is very close to my FEL joystick. I'm, just going to stick with that for now. The one thing I can say if you are measuring hoses for either running it from the rear remotes or third function is to curl the grapple all the way forward. I ran into a problem with tight hoses when I did this, but with some rerouting I think I'm okay now. Oh, btw, this thing opens WIDE, way way wide, as wide as you would ever want.

View attachment 428600
View attachment 428601
View attachment 428603

Lookin good Stuart! Nice brush pile. :thumbsup:
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #538  
In another thread EA convinced me that I'd be happier with a grapple than a 4 in 1 bucket. My problem now is deciding between the EA 60" root rake grapple or the 60" Wicked root grapple. This is going on a not yet delivered JD 4066 R (open station) with a 180ML loader. I've configured it with the skid steer carrier and 3rd function. The grapple will be used primarily in clearing land for food plots so, in addition to moving slashings and logs I'll also be root raking and grubbing stumps. The 4066 R is light so I have configured it with 440 lbs of rear wheel weights (R4 tires) and can fit 5 70lb suitcase weights on the front with the 180. I likely will be ordering a 72" extreme duty box blade from them to serve as additional ballast. I like the "dexterity" I'd get with the Wicked's two lids, and longer tines closer together. On the other hand, the root rake grapple is a little sturdier and about 40 lbs heavier that would be helpful clearing land. How likely am I to tear something up if I use the Wicked root grapple as a root rake? Thanks for any advice.

We sell way more of the Wicked Grapples. The Wicked Grapple owners on here should be able to give you some good, first hand advice.
Tearing something up by pushing forward with the tines in the ground shouldn't be a concern at all because they are Wicked TUFF!!
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #539  
OH, and I'm really pleased that you guys are sharing your experiences(with pics). Thanks to everyone for your business!
Travis

P.S. Don't forget to keep the Wicked Grapple Thread alive and well. It's been here since Ted came up with the hugely popular design!

Last edited:
   / Everything Attachments #540  
We sell way more of the Wicked Grapples. The Wicked Grapple owners on here should be able to give you some good, first hand advice.
Tearing something up by pushing forward with the tines in the ground shouldn't be a concern at all because they are Wicked TUFF!!
Travis

The longer bottom tines are useful for hand stacking the little stuff as well.

18004416503_e0fd1c024b_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.