Any news on gas engine CUTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Any news on gas engine CUTS? #541  
I guess my point is that while these small tractors can do a ton of work and are occasionally worked very hard, let's not over estimate their duty cycle design.

Absolutely. That's why I've pointed out that making comparisons between a SCUT/CUT and a 200hp Ag machine is pretty silly. It's certain that they're built heavier, and sturdier per rated horsepower than anything you'd find in a SCUT/CUT.

With that said, I suspect that the average 40hp CUT should be capable of doing serious work, mostly at PTO speed, and last multiple thousands of hours without major problems.

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #542  
Another useless empty argument from you. Gee... are gas engines under the tier 4 diesel engine scope?

No the gassers are not tier IV diesel spec which is the advantage . It's a lot simpler to make a spark ignition engine burn clean with the lighter fuels they use.
In light and medium duty puttering around applications the spark ignition is simpler and cheaper to run clean. The diesel needs to be operated at full rpm and full load for only extended duty cycles . To be fuel efficient and to have clean stack emissions .

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #544  
Sounds fine. But that was only for 1/2 hour. Scut and cut tractors need to run for hour after hour after hour.

Just as importantly . . your radiator didn't overheat but what was youe engine temperature? Wide open . . . Wow . . . Good way to cook your oil or tranny fluid.

Who uses a CUT or SCUT at max rated rpm and at full rated power for hours at a time. If you do , you purchased a hobby tractor that is two or three sizes too small. The typical small tractor is a 50 to 100hr a year machine performing puttering around jobs. If somebody has set out with a 2x14 plough into a 100 acre field . The operator is overly optimistic .

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #545  
Absolutely. That's why I've pointed out that making comparisons between a SCUT/CUT and a 200hp Ag machine is pretty silly. It's certain that they're built heavier, and sturdier per rated horsepower than anything you'd find in a SCUT/CUT.

With that said, I suspect that the average 40hp CUT should be capable of doing serious work, mostly at PTO speed, and last multiple thousands of hours without major problems.
I dont know about that. My BX1500 works for a pretty significant part of its time at full load.

With HST its easy to hold absolute full load at the bog point in mowing, snow throwing, climbing hills, etc. It also runs about 90% running our pto gen during a power outage. It has 2100hrs and uses right at a gallon an hr at full load.

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #546  
I never said a fork truck was a light duty cycle. I said it wasn't as heavy duty a cycle as a tractor.

Further, fork trucks don't have anything that puts shock to the engine the way PTO implements can, so they have to be built to withstand that.

If a fork truck engine could survive in a tractor they would have switched tractors over to using engines that small and light (for their power output) years ago.

Not while there was tier I, II and III emissions and fuel was cheaper high sulphur. Now in the midst of Tier IV with tier V on the horizon. An engine that burns lighter fuel will have to be considered.
Why not yet? Research takes time and money. Manufactures took a wait and see position if Tier IV would be repealed . Manufactures also have a huge market outside of the U.S. with little to no emissions and diesel fuel cheaper than gasoline . Of course the manufacture will build for the low end market and stick rich US customers with the cost of emissions equipment.

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #547  
Read the Kubota web site about spark ignition engines to be used where a Tier IV diesel is not practical. Says industrial and construction applications. Those engines are build for high demand over extended periods of time. Is Kubota going to design and build engines when there is no market for them? Who was the poster anyways with the inside track that said preliminary engineering had been terminated on spark ignition industrial engines ?Kubota Engine America - LATEST NEWS

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #549  
Because I want to. That's why. :rolleyes:

Do you own a time machine for trips back to 1993?
The topic is about small light and medium equipment in 2015 and later . That may have to consider spark ignition engines to achieve clean stack emissions at reasonable upfront purchase and service costs. Btw Kubota and that concrete equipment manufacture Whiteman are in the market right. Is with spark ignition engines .The Impact of Tier 4 Diesel Engines - Concrete Construction

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #550  
Do you own a time machine for trips back to 1993?
The topic is about small light and medium equipment in 2015 and later . That may have to consider spark ignition engines to achieve clean stack emissions at reasonable upfront purchase and service costs. Btw Kubota and that concrete equipment manufacture are in the market right. Is with spark ignition engines .

I wasn't conversing with you. I was conversing with someone about the mileage on their Jetta. Conversations are fluid and change. If you don't want to converse with someone on an open forum, stop responding to them. As for a time machine....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.