Any news on gas engine CUTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Any news on gas engine CUTS? #591  
No the gassers are not tier IV diesel spec which is the advantage . It's a lot simpler to make a spark ignition engine burn clean with the lighter fuels they use.

Lie! The discussion is GDI engines and they pollute more, especially at startup when cold and Ethanol in the gas makes it even worse ... thus the upcoming 2017 EPA spec to deal with it ... which will evaporate all this "cheaper engines, cheaper per BTU" illusions B&D has been having. See links on subject many, many pages back.

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #592  
Automotive engineers must have abandoned carburated and port injection engines for highway use for a reason? Probably the same reason that light and duty apicationapplication that are not dual fuel , LP or NG will move towards DI .
Are you telling us the manufactures and operators of spark ignition forklifts, concrete equipment etc are wrong ?

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #594  
Your trying to sway the topic from a typical CUT being used 150-200hrs a year instead of 50-100hrs a year
Is acomishing what?
The 200HP field tractor that sees HD operation for a 1000hrs a year . It spends 88% of it's time parked in the shed.
I keep posting the links hoping that you would read and understand the info.

I read the info on the links and I didn't see a single mention of a tractor there, so they still don't apply. You're trying to justify a tractor engine setup by showing that a manufacturer has made a gasoline engine for a different kind of machine.....big deal, that happens all the time.

88%? Seriously, you have that figure from somewhere, or are you making up yet another "fact" that is just a guess?

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #595  
Tier V regs which some folk vigerously the existence of until yesterday. The tier V will require even more restrictive filters than what are used now. That is more regeneration cycles and more cost to save money by operating a diesel.
Kubota stated industrial and construction applications. Does that sound like light duty, medium duty or heavy duty service ?
Have you researched spark ignition class 8 trucks ?

I'm not sure exactly what you were trying to say there, but there are NO Tier V regulations.

As I pointed out earlier, the EPA has not made any future tiers, much less outlined what they might be. Yet again, you're making up stuff, and posting it as fact. From your article:

"Since European and U.S. regulations have been nearly identical for more than a decade, presumably the United States will adopt the same standards as Stage V at the same time and likely call them Tier 5. But the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has not yet said if it wants these new regulations or when."

We're not talking about trucks, we're talking about tractors. The two uses are entirely different, but you don't seem to be getting that basic fact.

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #596  
Lie! The discussion is GDI engines and they pollute more, especially at startup when cold and Ethanol in the gas makes it even worse ... thus the upcoming 2017 EPA spec to deal with it ... which will evaporate all this "cheaper engines, cheaper per BTU" illusions B&D has been having. See links on subject many, many pages back.

Looks like GPF's are already going on GDI's

B&D, you go ahead and keep living in fantasy land. In a few years when you buy a GDI with all the stuff on it you have been throwing rocks at for Tier IV diesels having ... just remember that crazy ole hutchman told you so.

Analysis of the GPF Market for Passenger Cars in Europe and North... -- NEW YORK, May 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Tenneco Develops Gasoline Particulate Filter Technology For European Light Vehicles | Tenneco Inc.

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #597  
Looks like GPF's are already going on GDI's

B&D, you go ahead and keep living in fantasy land. In a few years when you buy a GDI with all the stuff on it you have been throwing rocks at for Tier IV diesels having ... just remember that crazy ole hutchman told you so.

Analysis of the GPF Market for Passenger Cars in Europe and North... -- NEW YORK, May 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Tenneco Develops Gasoline Particulate Filter Technology For European Light Vehicles | Tenneco Inc.

Better run out now and buy up a GDI CUT before they get all this crap put on them ... oh snap, you can't because THEY DON'T EXIST!

/ Any news on gas engine CUTS? #598  
Automotive engineers must have abandoned carburated and port injection engines for highway use for a reason? Probably the same reason that light and duty apicationapplication that are not dual fuel , LP or NG will move towards DI .

They won't be direct injecting NG unless it is liquefied and continually drastically cooled...

They tried this years ago with locomotives and still use one at a switching station.
Storage and the associated costs of cooling and liquefying have made it impractical for small scale, long distance over the road unless LNG carriers...

Unless- I misread your post and you are saying that NG and LP will not be moving towards DI in which case - i agree

Last edited:
   / Any news on gas engine CUTS? #599  
Are you serious ? Really? You are talking about dragster engines ? How can you make a point with that ? That is even more out of context than a 23 to 1 spark ignition engine .

:mur:

Status
Not open for further replies.