Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,331  
Just a wild guess...but it might have something to do with the shipping costs of (multiple) Li batteries...and the insurance HF subscribes to ??
They do blow up

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,333  
...doesn't make sense that HF has failed to bring out a lithium 18v battery system.
Ryobi is what to buy, not HF, if you want the least expensive 18Volt Li-Ion tools that will work as expected. Their batteries are expensive purchased alone. The best way to start a Ryobi set is buy a few of their tools that include the battery.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,334  
Just a wild guess...but it might have something to do with the shipping costs of (multiple) Li batteries...and the insurance HF subscribes to ??
But other low end companies manage to do it. I just bought solar powered walkway lights powered by rechargeable lithium batteries and each unit cost $2.99! Also, slightly higher end companies like Ryobi have had pretty nice lithium battery powered stuff for at least seven or eight years.

It's just odd HF hasn't taken the leap especially as they are bringing out higher quality stuff all the time.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,335  
Ryobi is what to buy, not HF, if you want the least expensive 18Volt Li-Ion tools that will work as expected. Their batteries are expensive purchased alone. The best way to start a Ryobi set is buy a few of their tools that include the battery.
Agree. I had older Ryobi stuff and was sick of buying NiMH batteries every three years. I bought a new set of Makita LXT to replace it but before throwing out the Ryobi I bought a two battery Lithium pack to try out. Seven years later those batteries are still fine.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,336  
Dutch, that picnic table looks great when it's wet! Can you stain it that color?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,337  
I wouldn't buy a parachute at HF either. :laughing:

From this article....
Buyer Beware, A Harbor Freight Buying Guide: The Good Enough, The Bad and the Abysmal |

Top Ten Things NOT to Buy at Harbor Freight (Humor)
I can't resist things lists like this. This one comes from 10 Things I Wouldn't Buy from Harbor Freight:
1) Parachutes
2) Fire Extinguishers
3) Pacemakers
4) Vaccines
5) Birth control devices
6) Elevators
7) Bullet proof vests
8) Trigger locks
9) Pitons (I didn't know what this was either?)
10) Scuba Gear

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,338  
From this article....
Buyer Beware, A Harbor Freight Buying Guide: The Good Enough, The Bad and the Abysmal |

I can't resist things lists like this. This one comes from 10 Things I Wouldn't Buy from Harbor Freight:
1) Parachutes
2) Fire Extinguishers
3) Pacemakers
4) Vaccines
5) Birth control devices
6) Elevators
7) Bullet proof vests
8) Trigger locks
10) Scuba Gear
a peg or spike driven into a rock or crack to support a climber or a rope

Had to Google it. It's as bad as buying a parachute there I would guess.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,339  
But other low end companies manage to do it. I just bought solar powered walkway lights powered by rechargeable lithium batteries and each unit cost $2.99! Also, slightly higher end companies like Ryobi have had pretty nice lithium battery powered stuff for at least seven or eight years.

It's just odd HF hasn't taken the leap especially as they are bringing out higher quality stuff all the time.

Again ...it may have something to do with shipping/transportation insurance costs of Li batteries above a certain mass or voltage...again just a wild guess...!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,340  
From this article....

1) Parachutes
2) Fire Extinguishers
3) Pacemakers
4) Vaccines
5) Birth control devices
6) Elevators
7) Bullet proof vests
8) Trigger locks
10) Scuba Gear

LMAO...