Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,321  
...came on here to see which impact gun folks like.
I bought the Earthquake 1/2" model to replace two of HF's lesser impact models that were a disappointment. The Earthquake is excellent, don't bother with the lower priced models. Description in a post I made recently. Since then, I sold both of the lesser tools when my neighbor hosted a yard sale.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,322  
I don't understand why HF hasn't come out with 18v lithium ion powered tools.

Major tool manufacturers have had lithium 18v batteries for well over a decade but HF continues to putz along with second rate batteries.

What's up??

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,323  

Major tool manufacturers have had lithium 18v batteries for well over a decade but HF continues to putz along with second rate batteries.

What's up??
Second rate store that sells mostly third rate merchandise...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,324  
I bought the Earthquake 1/2" model to replace two of HF's lesser impact models that were a disappointment. The Earthquake is excellent, don't bother with the lower priced models. Description in a post I made recently. Since then, I sold both of the lesser tools when my neighbor hosted a yard sale.

Thanks, looking back through the posts it looks like the one below is the favorite. I've followed this thread for a long time but already have a decent air impact gun and now have a C3 lithium powered one that rocks. Look, no hose...lol. Anyway, as I mentioned, this is for my son. I see people say that the 20% off coupons list these as not redeemable on Earthquake but 2 out of my 3 coupons do not list it. That brings the cost down to $60.

1/2 in. Professional Air Impact Wrench

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,325  

What's up??
The battery powered items are one thing I stay away from there. My FIL has a couple and the batteries just don't last. Maybe because the chargers are extremely cheap.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,326  
The battery powered items are one thing I stay away from there. My FIL has a couple and the batteries just don't last. Maybe because the chargers are extremely cheap.
I suppose a smart charger would help but why even bother with NiMH when lithium is in virtually every battery powered device in the world. Just doesn't make sense that HF has failed to bring out a lithium 18v battery system.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,327  
I think I heard that lithium ion batteries require very precise manufacturing and it's an easy to mess up process. Doesn't sound like anything harbor freight would be good at.

Not bashing them, I have some stuff from there.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,328  
I think I heard that lithium ion batteries require very precise manufacturing and it's an easy to mess up process. Doesn't sound like anything harbor freight would be good at. Not bashing them, I have some stuff from there.
HF doesn't manufacture anything. They are a marketing company. They sign contracts with factories to build stuff to HF specifications. Lithium batteries are commodity items these days so it just doesn't make sense to me.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,329  
HF doesn't manufacture anything. They are a marketing company. They sign contracts with factories to build stuff to HF specifications. Lithium batteries are commodity items these days so it just doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah I know. I think they deal with low end guys though.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,330  

Just a wild guess...but it might have something to do with the shipping costs of (multiple) Li batteries...and the insurance HF subscribes to ??