Ratchet rake?

/ Ratchet rake? #12  
Directions are attached to the Ratchet Rake by the producer.

For PUSHING dirt you use the smaller teeth, which are oriented down. You cannot collect enough dirt in front of the small teeth to overstress your FEL.

For grading, you back-drag with the small teeth or in combination with larger teeth.

For pushing over trees and pulling vines out of tress you apply both rows of teeth.

Operating a Ratchet Rake is intuitive, once you have it mounted on your FEL bucket.

Attachments

• DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 427
   / Ratchet rake? #13  
Just cleared over 100' of paths through brush and saplings with a plain straight edge bucket last week. The hunters we lease to needed a few more routes between our fields. I waited a few days after a good rain and stuff uprooted easy. If it's heavy I try to pop the big rooted stuff out first then go in a few feet to smash it away from me. Then I backup and try to shove it off to the side. In some areas I only make a few feet of progress with each swipe. Trouble starts if the back of the bucket gets caught up in any branches, this can whip stuff around into you real fast if you aren't watching. Keep stuff on the working edge and pick away at it.

/ Ratchet rake? #14  
I have one, it is best suited for soft soils. If it's used on anything other than that, the metal wears VERY quickly.

/ Ratchet rake? #15  
A question for you Ratchet Rake fans. RR says to set the bucket between 30 to 50 degrees and use both sets of teeth to rip out brush and such. However my loader manual says to set the bucket at 15 degrees max for back dragging in order to prevent damaging the tilt/curl cylinders. See page 5 of the manual. http://www.kmwloaders.com/tech_support/operation.pdf
What do you guys do?

/ Ratchet rake? #16  
I tip it and adjust it until it works the best under the conditions I'm working in. I'd guess the 15 degrees is closer to actual than 30-50 degrees, though....when ripping out brush and saplings.

/ Ratchet rake? #17  
A question for you Ratchet Rake fans. RR says to set the bucket between 30 to 50 degrees and use both sets of teeth to rip out brush and such. However my loader manual says to set the bucket at 15 degrees max for back dragging in order to prevent damaging the tilt/curl cylinders. See page 5 of the manual. http://www.kmwloaders.com/tech_support/operation.pdf
What do you guys do?
You can safely use a radical degree of angle, IF, you use float mode. Otherwise, plan on eventually bending your tilt cylinders.

/ Ratchet rake? #18  
Anyone have RR and Piranha blade? Seems the RR might be better for brush but I can't imagine it helps digging. I've been thinking about the Piranha since I have digging to do but I also have brush to remove and I'd rather not but 2 tools.

/ Ratchet rake? #19  
Just Ordered mine today from here at TBN. Hope to have it by this weekend

/ Ratchet rake? #20  
Anyone have RR and Piranha blade? Seems the RR might be better for brush but I can't imagine it helps digging. I've been thinking about the Piranha since I have digging to do but I also have brush to remove and I'd rather not but 2 tools.

What kind of digging do you have to do? I have RR and they aren't made for digging. The RR company makes an attachment called "The Rip and Dig". Would that work for you?

Ratchet Rake, LLC - Rip and Dig, All Terrain Rake, Snow Edge, Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, New Holland, Bobcat, Fire safety, Home fire safety, Fire prevention, John Deere, skid steer attachment, tractor implement