Ratchet rake?

/ Ratchet rake? #22  
Yes, I know how to search. Excuse the **** out of me for asking a related question.

/ Ratchet rake? #23  
I was using mine yesterday to turn a short steep grade into a long gentle one. I had a 15' x 50' patch of brush between my field and pond at a 30 degree slope. The brush had grown up and was blocking the view of the pond. I cleared the brush with a blade on a weed wacker and once I could see what the grade looked like, I brought in the tractor and ratchet rake. Was able to lengthen the grade and make it half as steep. Each pass took an inch or so off the grade. I spent 45 minutes going back and forth and got the grade to the point that I think I can mow with my zero turn once grass is planted. Ratchet Rake still looks brand new. I bought mine used on Craigslist for $100. One of the best purchases I have made on CL!

/ Ratchet rake? #24  
I was using mine yesterday to turn a short steep grade into a long gentle one. I had a 15' x 50' patch of brush between my field and pond at a 30 degree slope. The brush had grown up and was blocking the view of the pond. I cleared the brush with a blade on a weed wacker and once I could see what the grade looked like, I brought in the tractor and ratchet rake. Was able to lengthen the grade and make it half as steep. Each pass took an inch or so off the grade. I spent 45 minutes going back and forth and got the grade to the point that I think I can mow with my zero turn once grass is planted. Ratchet Rake still looks brand new. I bought mine used on Craigslist for $100. One of the best purchases I have made on CL!

You probably could have used the RR to clear the brush. It's one of my primary uses for mine

/ Ratchet rake? #25  
I have one that I've used to help level dirt mounds and divots left by a stump grinder, as well as level an old compacted gravel driveway. The only thing it's done to my bucket is transfer a little yellow paint where it makes contact. In my opinion, I don't think you'll find a more useful and well-made tool for your tractor, especially for what's relatively very little money.

View attachment 485905

Except for the BXpanded Piranha Tooth-bar!

BXpanded Piranha Toothbar

It works well for both brush removal and digging, or more accurately, it makes your bucket more enabled for both.

We have had ours for about 4.5-5 years, and use it for digging, scraping, spreading gravel, pulling out rocks, pushing over trees, and brush removal- it never comes off of our bucket because it never needs to.

We have worn most of the finish off of the edge and have a few small nicks, but it hasn't gotten dull or worn the edge appreciably.

If you have any questions about it, just ask Harry at BXpanded, he was really helpful for us.

Last edited:
   / Ratchet rake? #26  
Anyone have RR and Piranha blade? Seems the RR might be better for brush but I can't imagine it helps digging. I've been thinking about the Piranha since I have digging to do but I also have brush to remove and I'd rather not but 2 tools.

You just have to decide what tasks you will have the most in the long run. I have a tooth bar which I use very seldom now, but in the past I used it work several weeks while excavating. My digging days have been over for a couple years, but I still have the bar on the bucket. The bar is in the way when you need to back drag to a smooth surface. The RR would be be better for road work, and if I didn't have a landscape rake with gauge wheels, I would consider the RR.

/ Ratchet rake?
Anyone have a used one they are wanting to sell?

/ Ratchet rake? #29  
Can you give us any tips on the best way to use the Ratchet Rake, Thanks
See below.
do a youtube search for ratchet rake. See them in action.
As someone else noted, it's very intuitive once you get it on your bucket. It also comes with installation and use instructions.

Anyone have RR and Piranha blade? Seems the RR might be better for brush but I can't imagine it helps digging. I've been thinking about the Piranha since I have digging to do but I also have brush to remove and I'd rather not but 2 tools.

It definitely was not designed to dig. The bottom row of downward-facing teeth would make that very inefficient. A regular tooth bar would be better if you're planning more digging than raking. I also have the Rip & Dig, but it's very narrow and more of a trenching type of tool.

/ Ratchet rake? #30  
Ancient thread yes but I was wondering I gotta get a get one of these. My Pihrrana tooth bar is nice for digging just not so good for clearing brush ect. Does anybody know of any current coupons or discounts on these??? Thanks