how do you guys fuel your small tractors

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #12  
How do you fill it? How do you move it around, or don't you?
For filling my 55 gallon drum.
I just strap the empty drum on my forks, and set the forks/drum in the bed of my truck (Quick Attach forks) then pick the forks off once filled and slide the drum off.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #13  
I save my 2.5 gallon oil jugs, fill them with diesel and pour them into my tractor as needed.

2.5 gallons isn't so heavy, and those oil jugs don't have all that safety BS that EVERYONE HATES!!

Life is goooooood.....

SR

For small tractor usage, that's the best and cheapest idea that I've seen. 2 1/2 gallons isn't that hard to handle. Wish I had thought of that before spending some bucks and the complications of a 12 volt transfer pump set up.

Cheers to SR

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #14  
I use an older (easy to pour) 5-gallon diesel fuel container, fill it with off-road diesel when I take my Jetta TDI wagon to fill that up (maybe once a month). The 2.5 gallon plastic jug idea sounds great, however -- especially the price! :thumbsup:

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #15  
I fill mine with 5 gallon old style Blitz fuel containers. Try to keep two of them [ full with Power Service additive sometimes] all the time. Have three old metal cans painted/marked diesel in reserve I can fill for big projects if needed, or if I have to drain a fuel tank. My tractors have their fuel tanks down by the left foot step. Usually set a milk box next to the tractor for my right leg so I can put can on right knee, install funnel in tank inlet, and dump it in. My old JD 2240, I had to stand on the front right tire, but the low tanks are pretty easy. I try to keep the tanks full as much as possible so I do not get much if any moisture in them. Same with my Dodge Cummins. Everything is filled back up before it is put to rest for the night if possible. Next day the fuel cans get filled and I am ready to go.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #16  
I use a 5 gal can with the cap/spout completely removed. My fill is behind the seat. Just lay the opening of the jug on the edge of the tractor fill and pivot the can up on it. No flow restriction from spout.
I used to have oil company fill 55 gal drum in my shed with diesel and had a hand pump but with the quality of fuel anymore I am not thrilled with getting that much at a time anymore.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #17  
Wow, that's a little pricey. However, you will enjoy the convince of not having to wrestle those 5 gallon cans.
I ditched the "Gerry" can about 4 years ago when I found a used 100 gallon diesel tank typically used in the back of a pick up truck at a local auction. Steam cleaned that critter with in an inch of it's life, added a TSC 120 volt pump and haven't spilled a drop refueling my tractor.
My local fuel/propane guy fills the tank when I call.

^^^^^^ Sorta like that. Finally got a 125 gallon tank, put the tank on a 6 foot stand and gravity feed to the tractor tank. I fork it on the truck or a trailer once a year and return to the stand. I can drive right to the nozzle and standing on the platform on the tractor I just reach over, grab the nozzle and fill the tractor.

Even though I am fairly tall, good sized and healthy, filling with 5 gallon cans was just a pain.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #18  
Great ideal using 2.5 gal jugs.
Thanks for the ideal!
Johnny Walker

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #19  
My Kubota fuel tank fill cap was in the center of the hood back toward the steering wheel. Compared to that the tank fill on the GC is conveniently located enough that I don't mind using those aggrevating new fangled 5 gallon jugs.

I use two jugs and put 3 gallons in each now but that's because of back problems.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #20  
I save my 2.5 gallon oil jugs, fill them with diesel and pour them into my tractor as needed.

2.5 gallons isn't so heavy, and those oil jugs don't have all that safety BS that EVERYONE HATES!!

Life is goooooood.....

SR

I respectfully say this Rob. You must not use nearly as much fuel as I would have imagined you to use.

I use 125-175 gallons a month. Not doing that with 2.5 gal jugs. :)

I bought one of these used for $400 few years ago. Best thing I ever did.

50%20gallon%20tank.jpg

Here it is in the back of my truck. Love how it takes up minimal space and sits low in the truckbed so you can see over it.

20140414_155325 (1280x720) (1280x720).jpg