how do you guys fuel your small tractors

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #41  
How do you fill the barrels?

Call either the local farm co-op, or local fuel distributor.....which ever is cheaper at the time. 300gal gasoline, 275 diesel.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #42  
Got this pump off Ebay ....... won't be lifting the five gallon containers anymore to pour. Heavy-duty and fast.

I hate to sound like a party pooper but that pump is anything but heavy duty and certainly not fast. Flimsy plastic isn't it ? They used to give those away with the purchase of a kerosene heater. I used one for filling the old kerosene heaters from a 5 gal can. Hopefully you did not pay much on E Bay. Among other things, they are primarily syphons so the can has to be above the tank. Otherwise continually squeezing the flexible plastic hand bulb.

Last edited:
   / how do you guys fuel your small tractors #44  
http://www.hmcindustries.com/uploads/3/4/0/5/3405756/1902020_orig.jpg?30

This unit from HMC Industries, Inc. is what I ended up going with. After online review of the various 30 gal steel fuel caddies, two features among others especially stood out, rotary pump failures and the the type of steel tanks used. Albeit pricier than imported caddies, the above unit from HMC is purpose built for diesel fuel, utilizing an American manufactured, rebuildable rotary pump and a NONgalvanized steel tank. While descriptions for imported caddies state that they can be used for gasoline or diesel and cost less, they use galvanized tanks to prevent rusting associated with gasoline storage. Diesel fuel reacts with the zinc used in the galvinaztion process, deposits created can end up in diesel fuel injectors.

Maybe a filtration system could be added to take out these deposits. Northern Tool sells one for their Roughneck caddy. Perhaps others would like to comment.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors
HMC looks like they make some nice quality stuff.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #46  
5 gallon, steel G.I. jerry cans with flexible spout

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #47  
I've got a bunch of 5 gallon and 2 gallon cans. Arthritis in my hip, knee, and shoulder make it difficult to lift those 5 gallon units. I had been just pumping in 2 gallons into them to facilitate easier lifting but just recently purchased this off e-bay. Don't know how well it will hold up but it has enough lift capacity. I've got an older 50 gallon tank and pump my dad used many years ago but I don't really want to haul it around and take up the limited bed space in my truck.

Portable 12V 1� GPM Electric Diesel Oil and Fuel Transfer Extractor Pump Set Kit | eBay

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors
When u use it let everyone know how it works. Others would be interested I'm sure

I've got a bunch of 5 gallon and 2 gallon cans. Arthritis in my hip, knee, and shoulder make it difficult to lift those 5 gallon units. I had been just pumping in 2 gallons into them to facilitate easier lifting but just recently purchased this off e-bay. Don't know how well it will hold up but it has enough lift capacity. I've got an older 50 gallon tank and pump my dad used many years ago but I don't really want to haul it around and take up the limited bed space in my truck.

Portable 12V 1� GPM Electric Diesel Oil and Fuel Transfer Extractor Pump Set Kit | eBay

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #49  
5 gallon gas cans and a funnel

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #50  
Ive had that same unit for nearly a year. Its working great. Few monutes to fuel up rig. Worth every penny, and it wont rust. I mounted mine to a pallet so i can easily load it in truck to fill with off road diesel.