5055e with MX7?

/ 5055e with MX7?
Hahaha I will post some pics with the new tractor when I get it. Probably in a few months

/ 5055e with MX7? #14  
There are some 5055E threads on here that reference brake issue with the pedal going too low to the floor and requiring multiple pumps to get a pedal. Search those threads for more info.

/ 5055e with MX7? #15  
I think the 5055 will handle the MX7 just fine. Power or weight wise.

The 5055 is a heavy tractor for the ~50hp class. ITs the SAME basic tractor as the 5065e and 5075e. Same rear lift capacities, same machine weight, same engine. Just different power levels.

The MX7 is only a ~1300# cutter. Your tractor is 5500#. IT should run that thing ALL DAY with no need for front weights. (driving up a steep hill with the cutter in the air may not be wise).

My MX5100 is only a 3800# machine, and I carry around a 1600# 8' twin spindle cutter with no front weights. Its light in the front, and I cannot load forward on my trailer, but 90% of the time, the cutter is on the ground and the tailwheels are carrying half the load anyway.

So basically what Im saying, you can handle the MX7 just fine if you so choose. No worrys at all. But perhaps a better fit would be a 8' twin spindle cutter. And heck, if I had a tractor of that size and weight, And no plans to transport on a trailer, I'd even be looking for a 10' cutter

/ 5055e with MX7? #16  
I pull a 7' JD717 with my 5303, no problems, even pulled it with my older 35 HP 820 years ago. You'll learn when to slow down when things get tough. I've bogged a 10' on a 85 HP when trying to run to fast through thick stuff.
Hoping to add a 8' MX8 pull behind next year for the fields & keep the 7'r for trail maintenance.

Ronnie

/ 5055e with MX7? #17  
I've seen the ones about the brake problems. That was kind of what I was asking? If Sisupower had run into that also?

/ 5055e with MX7? #19  
My 47HP Ford handles a 6' cutter easily. Would also handle a 7'. But as mentioned above, a 7' cutter puts a heavy load on the 3pt. You'd definitely want front weight.

For the cutting you describe you could handle an 8' cutter. They don't require much more HP and don't put much more load on the 3pt because they are closer to the tractor.

+1 on a dual box 8 vs the heavy single 7. No offense, but I'd reconsider your options for the shredder manufacturer and do a search on the history of the M series shredders. There's lines that solely more on making their product bulletproof (and backing them) instead of marketing them. The history seems to indicate that the longer gearbox output shafts are more prone to shearing, and there's -zero- backing after warranty runs out. You've got plenty of tractor to run a 4" rated 6 footer or a 2" 8. Bush Hog, Rhino, Woods, Land Pride--there's really historically solid lines out there, but not the M series.

/ 5055e with MX7? #20  
I've seen the ones about the brake problems. That was kind of what I was asking? If Sisupower had run into that also?

They sell a lot of the E tractors around here and it generally is a positive response. Most people have no problems but a few have lots more than they should problems. Guys that farm or use them real hard say to buy the M version and skip the E's. A dealer I know with lots of locations seems to sell hundreds of 5055E's a year and I never see any in the shop. Search and do some digging.