5055e with MX7?

/ 5055e with MX7? #51  
For pulling logs, you likely wont notice a difference in the 5055 vs the 5075. Because that is not a task for power. Its a task for traction, and thats a function of weight, and they are the same.

For bushhogging.....it depends. HP is nice. But you got to know how to use it. If you plan on putting a 6' mower back there, wont make a bit of difference what tractor you have. Both have enough power and your mowing speed is likely gonna be determined by other factors like rough ground, obsticals, etc

Now if you are looking for a 10' power.....get all the power you can afford

/ 5055e with MX7? #52  
I was thinking about the 5055e. Do you think I should go with the 5075e? I will be using it for pulling out small logs in the woods as well as bush hogging.

I haven't run out of power pulling things like a disc or land plane, you'll run out of traction first. With that said, if you can afford the 75hp, I would go with it. I think it comes with a larger rear axle and an intercooler. Don't hardly ever see anyone say they wished they had less power

Brett

/ 5055e with MX7? #53  
Usually the flagships of a manufacturer retain a higher residual demand than entry-level or economy models do. Are there other creature comforts, or just PTO gain? There's no end to ports and accessories they can plumb in at 0%, and sometimes they add functionality and potential without upping the price too much--especially considering time and expense to add plumbing and whatnot later. Never heard anyone wish for less size or power, unless they're at the point in their career they want to get smaller. That said, the jobs you'll have should dictate your investment. A bench seat work truck plows and hauls as well as their heated leather chromed up sisters do... its just not as comfortable.