Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #101  
I am about fed up with these eco nazi's. I am 100% convinced they are out to take diesel off the road, period. All they want to see is electric and hybrids, and I am sick and tired of these pigs. They have tried to take claim to even small ponds saying the water belongs to them, or it is a "wetland" and needs (has) to be protected, BY THEM!!

I hope they are straightened out soon, they have overstepped their purpose and are pushing an agenda that does not have our interest at heart. I have gotten to the point that I do not trust them, nor do I car if they ever find out any of my business. I guess towards the EPA and those like them I have become a cynic. It just sickens me at their overreach.

At the end of the day if Ram broke the rules like VW did they should be punished.

Chris

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #102  
At the end of the day if Ram broke the rules like VW did they should be punished.

Chris
I agree, rules are rules, and everyone should be following them. If you don't like the rules then work to get them changed, don't cheat.
Having said that, the last I read was Ram was close to closing this issue with the EPA. It sounded like it was a lesser issue than what VW did, but who knows until all the details are revealed.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
I dread the day I have to go to the dealer and they flash the ECU to some EPA driven update and suddenly it's sucking fuel like a Ford Ecoboost.

I plan on keeping this truck a long time, I just hope it's reliable.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #104  
I dread the day I have to go to the dealer and they flash the ECU to some EPA driven update and suddenly it's sucking fuel like a Ford Ecoboost.

I have no concern about my truck's reliability yet. But I just received an emissions recall notice for my 2015 Ram 2500 diesel. Seems they need to replace the Selective Catalyst Reduction system. I am hoping it is just a hardware replacement and an ECU flash also. I like my truck as is and do not want the ECU screwed with.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #105  
I agree, rules are rules, and everyone should be following them. If you don't like the rules then work to get them changed, don't cheat.
Having said that, the last I read was Ram was close to closing this issue with the EPA. It sounded like it was a lesser issue than what VW did, but who knows until all the details are revealed.
The issue with Ram is excess nitrogen emissions as well as 8 issues with the ECU software that can defeat emissions controls iirc. The primary issue is that FCA did not disclose the presence of these defeats to the EPA.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #106  

That flash would probably also further decrease the already much lower HP and Towing capacity comparison of the Ford Ecoboost too. It shouldn't affect the dismal payload capacity any more though.

Last edited:
   / Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #107  
I am about fed up with these eco nazi's. I am 100% convinced they are out to take diesel off the road, period. All they want to see is electric and hybrids, and I am sick and tired of these pigs. They have tried to take claim to even small ponds saying the water belongs to them, or it is a "wetland" and needs (has) to be protected, BY THEM!!

I hope they are straightened out soon, they have overstepped their purpose and are pushing an agenda that does not have our interest at heart. I have gotten to the point that I do not trust them, nor do I car if they ever find out any of my business. I guess towards the EPA and those like them I have become a cynic. It just sickens me at their overreach.

I agree 100%. These eco tards are clueless hypocrites and I hope they get it handed to them. Their mandate is a nightmare for manufacturrs.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #108  
I agree 100%. These eco tards are clueless hypocrites and I hope they get it handed to them. Their mandate is a nightmare for manufacturrs.

If you want to see how things swing the other way take a look at China and the pollution issues they have.

The problem with things like emissions is similar to a lot of service/IT jobs. People only notice if you screw it up, if you're good at your job then you're marginalized because it's hard to get visibility into something that's been prevented.

That said as 'eco nazi' who's fan of electric vehicles(who doesn't like gobs of torque) I think there's a place for both diesels and electric/hybrid/whatever. Some applications just aren't feasible until we see much larger battery densities(freight, towing, etc) but where it's possible to substitute better options I'm in favor of electrification.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Everybody likes clean air, you won't ever admit otherwise. The problem is that the EPA expects the air leaving the tail pipe to be cleaner than the air going in the intake. :cool:

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #110  
Everybody likes clean air, you won't ever admit otherwise. The problem is that the EPA expects the air leaving the tail pipe to be cleaner than the air going in the intake. :cool:

Exactly, and if you read up on the TRUE issue, they are not "cheats" built into the software, they are software programs that are active at certain times and were inadvertently omitted on the LISTING of programs. I do not recall specif functions but were NOTHING like what VW did. The EPA says anything that is not SPECIFICALLY LISTED the consider a cheat.

As for changing the rules? With the eco nazi that just left the whitehouse there was never a chance. Hopefully that can change now, so that realistic rules can be established. Our air will never get like China's again, even if we stepped back 20 years with epa standards.

Cabinet shops here in CA cannot even use decent finishes on cabinets because it emits fumes that are harmful. Paints are about 1/2 as long lasting as it used to be because of the chemical makeup . Might as well be water color.

The EPA TRIED to take control of every watershed in the country, even small domestic ponds, under the wetlands guise. Thankfully that was shot down in court. Norther CA for years was taking more and more water from central CA (ie farmers) to "protect" a small smelt that is not even native to the area, because they were supposedly dying in the pumps.

CA is or or soon to be lead free for hunting, a major expense increase, because of the Condor. EPA groups tried for years to ban lead bullets here, but the Fish and Wildlife Dept refused due to lack of evidence supporting it. So they went to the legislature that is controlled by a political side I am on the opposite of, and they pushed it through to a state law in just a few weeks. Not because there was evidence, but because if fit their political agenda.

As do most of the epa's "rules".

They are out of control and need to be reeled in, in ALL respects.

So I personally hope Dodge wins this one. For the record, I have never owned a Dodge truck, but still wish them well.