Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,081  
True, but I've found that you can walk right back in the door and buy a second or third item with fresh coupons and they don't blink an eye. And pick up an additional free item, to boot.

I only frequent two stores, one in Dale City, Va and one in Tupelo, MS. At both I've seen patrons try that and been refused.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,082  
True, but I've found that you can walk right back in the door and buy a second or third item with fresh coupons and they don't blink an eye. And pick up an additional free item, to boot.

The store might allow that but my conscience wouldn't.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,083  
How different is this than some other industries, car dealers for example. Honda & toyota seem to be among the bigger offenders around here...one ad campaign right after another. Hurry in sale-a thon ends on (date)!! One day later different ad campaign, same prices on the same vehicles. Furniture stores are the same.
I would hope most people are smart enough to see through these bogus "sales".
It's called marketing... and they are just trying to catch your attention. Hopefully a half witted consumer will do their research and understand the 'going' rate for significant purchases. Those who do not, the blame is in the mirror not the seller.

I just got the class action lawsuit email. It looks like anyone can print out the claim form and take option "C" that is a ten dollar gift certificate. Not a bad investment for a 49 cent stamp and ten minutes of a retired guy's time.
In general I hate those class action suits. I'm sure many are legit, but it seems just to be a money maker for lawyers to fight one big case so they can get rich rather than to fight specific claims. I will probably pass just in principle. HF has never done me wrong, in fact they have given me price breaks (using 20% coupon) on items explicitly excluded.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#7,084  
The store might allow that but my conscience wouldn't.
I don't see a problem for a guy that lives a long way away and needs a few items. If you lived nearby and did it every day, it would be different.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,085  
I don't see a problem for a guy that lives a long way away and needs a few items. If you lived nearby and did it every day, it would be different.

I don't live with your conscience.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,086  
Just bought one of the Bauer hammer drills and a set of the 8" bits, guess I'll see how it holds up, I have a few projects that will need holes drill in concrete they offered a 2 year free replacement warrant and said at the end of the two years bring the drill back and get a new one even if it was not broken. I declined the warranty.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,087  
I only frequent two stores, one in Dale City, Va and one in Tupelo, MS. At both I've seen patrons try that and been refused.

Last time I went in, I used a 20% and freebie coupon, put the stuff away in the car and then remembered something else I was suppose to get. Lady asked me for my 20% coupon number again, and told me to grab another freebie :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,088  
It's called marketing... and they are just trying to catch your attention. Hopefully a half witted consumer will do their research and understand the 'going' rate for significant purchases. Those who do not, the blame is in the mirror not the seller.

In general I hate those class action suits. I'm sure many are legit, but it seems just to be a money maker for lawyers to fight one big case so they can get rich rather than to fight specific claims. I will probably pass just in principle. HF has never done me wrong, in fact they have given me price breaks (using 20% coupon) on items explicitly excluded.

A judge just refused a Google email spying settlement 'cause it contained nothing but $2.2mil for the lawyers. Nothing for the rest of use, not even an assurance against their spying.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,089  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,090  
I will never buy another NiCad battery powered tool ever. If you want to save money get a Ryobi lithium 18v. If you want something that will last decades get a Makita, Bosch, DeWalt, Fein etc 18V Lithium. For something to be used occasionally and mostly just around the house, the 12v lithium tools from Ryobi, Makita, Bosch are really very good.

Or go to Big Sky Tool [BigSkyTool.com], where I get a lot of refurbs that are as good as new [or close as possible] for a lot less than retail.