Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #4,381  
I bought this unit at TractorTools Direct the manual is at this web site showing those measurements:Tractor Tools Direct | TS62 Hydraulic Offset Flail Mower

That's about as close to showing you the manual that I can get! Won't be able to actually use it for several weeks as it is currently at my Mahindra dealer where I had it shipped. Probably won't pick it up for at least several weeks since I'm currently in Florida.

========================================================================================
You can download the 2 page specification sheet from the Del Morino web site.

Your offset flail mower is a Del Morino Centurian Super offset flail mower either a model 106, 132 or the 158
YOU need to find out which one from the tractor tools direct folks.

You also need to invest in front suitcase weights if you do not have them already.

The model 106 has a full offset width of 153 Centimeters with a cutting width of 110 Centimeters
The model 132 has a full offset width of 177 Centimeters with a cutting width of 120 Centimeters
The model 158 has a full offset width of 201 Centimeters with a cutting width of 130 Centimeters

I am disappointed in that they do not simply import the Del Morinos units and sell them as Del Morino flail mowers.

They take part of the information from the Del Morino Information and do not provide the customer with the required amount of information for their customers use.

They are not doing the customers any favors and if they have a comment about my statement prove me wrong.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #4,382  
well, I am now the owner of a flail mower got the Maschio 210SI. Very impressed with it, it chewed cypress knees even with the ground. When I was almost done, I found the soft spot beside one of the ponds with only about 100ft left to mow. My neighbor came over with his orange tractor and pulled me out :thumbsup: IMG_1912.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 259
   / Let's talk flail mowers #4,383  
What I have found to WORK is to use the slotted top link holes, then lower the unit with the 3 pt hitch until the top link pin rides somewhere close to the middle of the slots.
YES, the mower will be riding on the rear roller and YES it will be "pivoted" on the lower link arms as you drive over bumps and dips, i.e. it will follow the contours of the ground (approximately).
Adjust depth/height of cut with the rear roller, NOT as you mow with the 3 pt hitch.

If you go over a BIG hump in the ground the mower will tip back until the top link pin is at the front end of the slot and at some point the mower's rear roller will leave the ground, i.e. you will be "carrying" it.
Similarly in a deep dip the mower will tip forwards and the top link pin will be at the back of the slot - this is generally not good, since the top link will be in compression. If your ground has sharp dips you should probably add a chain link (or two) to the top link, to allow the mower to "fold up" with the tractor in dips.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #4,384  
well, I am now the owner of a flail mower got the Maschio 210SI. Very impressed with it, it chewed cypress knees even with the ground. When I was almost done, I found the soft spot beside one of the ponds with only about 100ft left to mow. My neighbor came over with his orange tractor and pulled me out :thumbsup:

IMG_1916.JPG

Does your tractor have diff lock?

Seems like 4WD and diff lock would have pulled through that soft spot.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #4,385  
i do but the ground was like walking on a water bed on the right side of the tractor i was able to push back about 2ft back with the loader the mower was on the ground in the out position and could not get it to move back to behind the tractor and really didn't want to tear up the edge of the pond any more than i did

/ Let's talk flail mowers #4,386  
well, I am now the owner of a flail mower got the Maschio 210SI. Very impressed with it, it chewed cypress knees even with the ground. When I was almost done, I found the soft spot beside one of the ponds with only about 100ft left to mow. My neighbor came over with his orange tractor and pulled me out :thumbsup: View attachment 506535

===================================================================================

Welcome to the Flail Mower Nations.

Being a resident member of the Flail Mower Nations does not require passport or Tourist Visa to enter or exit the Flail Mower Nations through our beautiful beer garden entrance.

A membership roster for the Flail Mower Nations is not kept due to concerns over Men In Black or the Black Helicopter Squadrons that are known to run about the countryside to protect or members privacy and their flail mowers.

I am sorry to hear of the mud hole on your pond edge that loves to eat tractors, ours nearly snared a 1972 cub lowboy with the 4 cylinder engine and 6 foot mower deck and diamond rear turf tires. I was lucky that i was able to drive right out of the pond with it.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #4,387  
Gave up on finding a decent used flail mower. Today I bought a new std duty Mahindra rotary cutter. When my old 42 inch ZTR mower finally gives out, I will​ replace it with a 60 inch rear finish mower with rear discharge. No tractor dealer in this area carries flails, and all say they have never traded for a used one.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #4,388  
========================================================================================
You can download the 2 page specification sheet from the Del Morino web site.

Your offset flail mower is a Del Morino Centurian Super offset flail mower either a model 106, 132 or the 158
YOU need to find out which one from the tractor tools direct folks.

You also need to invest in front suitcase weights if you do not have them already.

The model 106 has a full offset width of 153 Centimeters with a cutting width of 110 Centimeters
The model 132 has a full offset width of 177 Centimeters with a cutting width of 120 Centimeters
The model 158 has a full offset width of 201 Centimeters with a cutting width of 130 Centimeters

I am disappointed in that they do not simply import the Del Morinos units and sell them as Del Morino flail mowers.

They take part of the information from the Del Morino Information and do not provide the customer with the required amount of information for their customers use.

They are not doing the customers any favors and if they have a comment about my statement prove me wrong.

Leonz, They do import their factory direct model. There are two distributors, one foe the east and one for the west. I found mine at a distributor on the east and shipped to Indiana.

Their documentation is lacking, or should I say their translation skills. Italian to English should be simple. I'm afraid they may have used an old version google translate!

/ Let's talk flail mowers #4,389  
Leonz, They do import their factory direct model. There are two distributors, one foe the east and one for the west. I found mine at a distributor on the east and shipped to Indiana.

Their documentation is lacking, or should I say their translation skills. Italian to English should be simple. I'm afraid they may have used an old version google translate!

That's why I like the Chicomm stuff...they rarely furnish any documentation or instructions at all. That way, there's no confusion.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #4,390  
That's why I like the Chicomm stuff...they rarely furnish any documentation or instructions at all. That way, there's no confusion.

Lucky for me I caught myself before I fell out of my chair:^)