Dont take her pocky-book

/ Dont take her pocky-book #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
This women meant business, but now she is facing assault with deadly weapon charge. A clear case of justice for thieves, evidently we are not allowed to protect our property with deadly force, here there or anywhere. So if anyone catches a thief stealing tools from there garage/car/truck, you have to watch him while you call the police.........

Pregnant woman runs over suspected purse thief in Walmart parking lot | WREG.com

/ Dont take her pocky-book #2  
I seen that story and I say....Good for her.!!
It's a shame she is being charged with anything, but
I'm sure plenty of people will be willing to donate to her legal defense fund..!

/ Dont take her pocky-book #3  
Hope she demands a jury... Not a jury that would convict her.

mark

/ Dont take her pocky-book #4  
That is one of the stupid things about today's laws. In many places, you are protected against both criminal and civil liability when you defend yourself, others, or property with a firearm; but if you use a knife, ballbat, fists, front bumper of your SUV or anything else, you are liable for injuries and damages.

Agreed she should request a jury. She should also have a lawyer try to have the video thrown out. The distance she drove before hitting him shows without a doubt she wasn't under any threat of injury, I'd guess a lot had to do with the heightened emotional state of the average pregnant woman. I hope they have a proper "castle doctrine" law on the books that allows her to defend property anywhere she has a right to be. Chances are it is written to only allow defense with a firearm though, many are.

/ Dont take her pocky-book #5  
In most states, no you cannot use deadly force to protect property......

/ Dont take her pocky-book #6  
That is one of the main variances of the various castle doctrine laws which is why I said "I hope they have a PROPER "castle doctrine" law on the books that allows her to defend property". Some states with castle doctrine laws allow it, some don't. And even if they do allow defense of property, it is likely only allowed to be defended with a firearm, not a bumper or other things.

/ Dont take her pocky-book #7  
As frustrating as this is, every US citizen is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
No person can be judge jury and executioner.
She will and should be charged. The threat was over.
Probably won't be convicted but she will have a lot of costly legal troubles for a while.

/ Dont take her pocky-book #8  
That is one of the main variances of the various castle doctrine laws which is why I said "I hope they have a PROPER "castle doctrine" law on the books that allows her to defend property". Some states with castle doctrine laws allow it, some don't. And even if they do allow defense of property, it is likely only allowed to be defended with a firearm, not a bumper or other things.

Agreed most are written for firearms but don't take into account there are many other items that can inflict deadly force.
This is going to be a nightmare for her.

/ Dont take her pocky-book #9  
As frustrating as this is, every US citizen is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
No person can be judge jury and executioner.
She will and should be charged. The threat was over.
Probably won't be convicted but she will have a lot of costly legal troubles for a while.

Yea, even if she isn't charged or convicted of anything, she will still end up being liable for the real criminal's medical bills if he sues her.

/ Dont take her pocky-book #10  
I am all for her and hope the judge throws the case out but, if the thief gets a good civil lawyer she might have to give the thief back her purse, and her house.