liens

/ liens #81  
Can you send the seller a 1099? If it's a loss to you it's a gain to him. You may not get your money back but you can cause him problems with the Feds. I trust everyone but I'm an ahole if you screw me.

/ liens #82  
And new tractor warranty.

$20K offer makes complete sense to me!
Do you really believe that a warranty, and the "new tractor smell" is worth the difference between $20K, and the $32K for a new one?

/ liens #83  
Do you really believe that a warranty, and the "new tractor smell" is worth the difference between $20K, and the $32K for a new one?
You are assuming that JD will take $20K. They may. If they don't, then I'd go new.

/ liens #84  
Can you send the seller a 1099? If it's a loss to you it's a gain to him. You may not get your money back but you can cause him problems with the Feds. I trust everyone but I'm an ahole if you screw me.
That is a capital idea. However, if you CAN track down the seller, you may as well sue him. For a 1099 you need the other persons SSN or TIN, which may not be easy to find.

/ liens #85  

To me it would be. I would be upset anytime I looked at the tractor I had to pay for twice

Brett

/ liens #86  
To me it would be. I would be upset anytime I looked at the tractor I had to pay for twice

Brett

I agree the emotional part is an issue. But if you could find the original seller, he owes you 100% of what you paid him. Your current deal with JD is a separate sale. They can legally sell it, the original owner could not.

Seems pretty unlikely that the seller has any assets, but if he did you might be able to make lemonade from these lemons.

If he has any assets, I'd go after him. There are companies you can hire that will sleuth out the guy, find him, check for bank accounts, job status and so forth. It would be money well spent.

The 1099 idea is clever.

/ liens #87  
in 2006 I bought a john deere tractor and loader from a local dealer.a few months rocked on and the dealer called wanting to pick up my tractor immediately for warranty service they said on the front axle.they came and got it the next day and kept it a couple days.i got it back and it was all cleaned up.came home a couple days later and a john deere investigator had been at my house and left a card and a note instructing me to call him.well apparently this dealer was selling tractors and not paying john deere for them.the dealer got wind that john deere was coming in to check his inventory,so he had to round up a few tractors to put back on his lot.a guy I work for said they also came and got his for a few days and brought it back all cleaned up.the investigator wouldn't tell me much about the dealer,my first response to him was I wrote a check for the tractor to the dealer and had all the proof of where I did.the dealer went out of business a little while later.the other local deere dealer got all his inventory and he had several brand new lawn mowers in crates that was several years old.i was sweating for a little while though when I seen that an investigator had been here.

/ liens #88  
in 2006 I bought a john deere tractor and loader from a local dealer.a few months rocked on and the dealer called wanting to pick up my tractor immediately for warranty service they said on the front axle.they came and got it the next day and kept it a couple days.i got it back and it was all cleaned up.came home a couple days later and a john deere investigator had been at my house and left a card and a note instructing me to call him.well apparently this dealer was selling tractors and not paying john deere for them.the dealer got wind that john deere was coming in to check his inventory,so he had to round up a few tractors to put back on his lot.a guy I work for said they also came and got his for a few days and brought it back all cleaned up.the investigator wouldn't tell me much about the dealer,my first response to him was I wrote a check for the tractor to the dealer and had all the proof of where I did.the dealer went out of business a little while later.the other local deere dealer got all his inventory and he had several brand new lawn mowers in crates that was several years old.i was sweating for a little while though when I seen that an investigator had been here.
Yeah, I worked for a marina that also messed with the banks-they borrowed ("floorplanned") two or three times on each boat! They did pay off what they sold, however. I ran their warehouse, and a bank inspector (they check on their stuff once a month) showed up on the wrong day, met up with another inspector ... and people went to prison.

/ liens #89  
I agree the emotional part is an issue. But if you could find the original seller, he owes you 100% of what you paid him. Your current deal with JD is a separate sale. They can legally sell it, the original owner could not.

Seems pretty unlikely that the seller has any assets, but if he did you might be able to make lemonade from these lemons.

If he has any assets, I'd go after him. There are companies you can hire that will sleuth out the guy, find him, check for bank accounts, job status and so forth. It would be money well spent.

The 1099 idea is clever.

You might even be able to find him on TBN.