Very lucky to walk away

/ Very lucky to walk away #21  
We always had a ballast box on the front of our similar size 2wd non-FEL tractor. More for steering with a snowblower on the back, but it helps.

Lucky guy.

Poor, nice old tractor.

Great video and warning. It's always best to have more people around for help and input. So many accidents when someone is working alone. If only to have someone hold your beer.

/ Very lucky to walk away #22  
We always had a ballast box on the front of our similar size 2wd non-FEL tractor. More for steering with a snowblower on the back, but it helps.

Lucky guy.

Poor, nice old tractor.

Great video and warning. It's always best to have more people around for help and input. So many accidents when someone is working alone. If only to have someone hold your beer.

I do 99% of my tractor work alone. My wife struggles with that. She'll occasionally call me to see how I'm doing. I rarely notice the cell phone ringing when on the tractor. Later when I notice she has called I call her back.

Not knowing anymore than the 17 second video I believe he had someone there videoing his ingenuity...... "Well that didn't work out like I thought it would"......

/ Very lucky to walk away #23  
Yes, I was not referring to this particular event. Sometimes my lady friend is enlisted to help get something unstuck, but she can't offer much good advice except thinking the worst! In her minds eye, EVERYTHING equipment related is tipping over.

I was once googling farm accidents and was amazed at the recurring theme of the lone farmer and a chain!

/ Very lucky to walk away #24  
I bet his underwear didn't live.
30' "snatch strap" with the tractor on good ground, no pogo sticks, easy.

/ Very lucky to walk away #25  
I bet his underwear didn't live.
30' "snatch strap" with the tractor on good ground, no pogo sticks, easy.

I thought of you when I first saw this Eric. Think smart, live smart. :)

/ Very lucky to walk away #26  
Just glad the guy walked away, even with a banged up tractor, that landed on the truck, that are both still stuck, and oh yeah, new bvd's:laughing:

/ Very lucky to walk away #27  
Just glad the guy walked away, even with a banged up tractor, that landed on the truck, that are both still stuck, and oh yeah, new bvd's:laughing:

Yep. I've had a few moments where the alarms started going off so I stopped and regrouped. I've been very Blessed to never had a serious rollover or injury accident.

/ Very lucky to walk away #28  
wow. good god. unbelievable.

/ Very lucky to walk away #29  
Glad the guy is OK but geez that whole setup looked like a deathtrap to me.

/ Very lucky to walk away #30  
I have never seen logs chained to a tractor like this but have been told how well they will pull. Would think if he had done this in reverse it would have been safer. But what in the world was he pulling to be so hard to move with regards to a pickup? Wonder if it was in low gear? Why would he have hooked the chain around the axle housing? He was very blessed to survive.