Very lucky to walk away

/ Very lucky to walk away #31  
That hurt to watch. I'm glad he is ok. I have got away with stupid things too. I worry my boys will be as reckless as me but not as lucky.

/ Very lucky to walk away #32  
I do 99% of my tractor work alone. My wife struggles with that. She'll occasionally call me to see how I'm doing. I rarely notice the cell phone ringing when on the tractor. Later when I notice she has called I call her back.
Same here... I operate on a steep slope and I made the mistake long ago of showing her how dangerous it is... she often comes out on the deck and oversees my progress. If she isn't home she calls but of course I don't hear my phone. She comes home and I 'hear it' for not answering.

/ Very lucky to walk away #33  
Lots of mistakes. No ROPS, log on wheel was too long, was dug in to start with..... Amazing that he survived, thank goodness.

/ Very lucky to walk away #34  
Just imagine if it had both ROPS and a Seat Switch...

/ Very lucky to walk away #35  
" If she isn't home she calls but of course I don't hear my phone. She comes home and I 'hear it' for not answering."

Boy Oh Boy! The red head will scald my tail for this. :(

/ Very lucky to walk away #36  
His problem was he expected to pull the truck out instead of expecting that something could go wrong. You could tell the tractor going over took him totally by surprise which meant he had to waste time deciding what to do rather than planning before hand what to do if the front end started to rise past a certain point.

/ Very lucky to walk away #37  
I don't have pics, but I'll try to clearly explain a "log" situation I saw my Dad perform many decades ago.

8N Ford tractor stuck in slimy mud. Spun down but not dragging the belly. Cut a stovepipe sized Hickory log 8-ish feet long. Laid it across the tractor behind the rear tires. Chained it to the wheels. Put the tractor in reverse and got on top of the log. Cut more short logs and filled the spun-down holes. Unchained the cross log and drove out forward. As an 8 or 9 year old boy I had no comprehension of how ingenious that was. :)

/ Very lucky to walk away #38  
His problem was he expected to pull the truck out instead of expecting that something could go wrong. You could tell the tractor going over took him totally by surprise which meant he had to waste time deciding what to do rather than planning before hand what to do if the front end started to rise past a certain point.

Biggest error was taking his foot off the clutch pedal when he released it.......... :eek:

/ Very lucky to walk away #39  

If you watch closely, the tractor front rises up, then drops down, but when the long end of the log goes around and hits the ground the front of the tractor raises at that point. The log is effectively increasing the leverage of the axle to flip the tractor.

/ Very lucky to walk away #40  
Amarsh,
I'm glad you're 'friend of a friend' is alive. Was he injured?