Fix for Pressure Bound Hydraulic Couplers ?

/ Fix for Pressure Bound Hydraulic Couplers ? #21  
Pioneer couplings are much more friendly and cheaper. Maybe in rental yards and in construction, it's a good thing to have sealed flat face couplings. If it's just you and you take care, probably Pioneer is the way to go. I'm in too deep with the FF couplers now. They are on several SS attachments plus a hydraulic stone cutting chain saw, three jackhammers, various extension hoses and so forth. Oh, and my new sickle mower.

/ Fix for Pressure Bound Hydraulic Couplers ? #22  
Pioneer couplings are much more friendly and cheaper. Maybe in rental yards and in construction, it's a good thing to have sealed flat face couplings. If it's just you and you take care, probably Pioneer is the way to go. I'm in too deep with the FF couplers now. They are on several SS attachments plus a hydraulic stone cutting chain saw, three jackhammers, various extension hoses and so forth. Oh, and my new sickle mower.
I'll definitely agree with cheaper. I've had just as much pain hooking up the AG style to the back of my Kubota as I have the flat face on the front though, relating to connect under pressure issues. Even using the plastic, metal or rubber condoms both the male & female ends end up covered in dirt & grit. Male end is easy enough to clean off, but the female end is a huge pain, even with a clean rag. Add to that the teaspoon of oil that drools out on every connect or disconnect attempt and my hate for the AG style grows just like your hate for flat face.

/ Fix for Pressure Bound Hydraulic Couplers ?
I was thinking of making up extra hoses so they could be connected to the implement during storage as in creating a jumper hose. This way the fluid could move freely between each end of the cylinder when implement is stored. There would still be fluid loss (what's inside the jumper hose), but it would prevent having to crack the fittings.

Do you think this would work?

Not a bad Idea. I think it would work if you used a length of thin flexible hose that would easily expand and contract. Maybe something like latex tubing but oil resistant. The oil would collect in the tubing and could be drained into a container for reuse. You would have to buy an extra set of couplers for each implement though.

/ Fix for Pressure Bound Hydraulic Couplers ? #24  
I actuate the control valve as I am attempting to insert/connect the fitting (SS/FF couplers)

Works for me every time.

Good God man, how long are your arms? :laughing:

/ Fix for Pressure Bound Hydraulic Couplers ? #25  
both the male & female ends end up covered in dirt & grit. Male end is easy enough to clean off, but the female end is a huge pain, even with a clean rag.

Yes, this is what brought us to the FFC. Cleanliness is next to....... at least as far as hydraulic systems go.

I actuate the control valve as I am attempting to insert/connect the fitting (SS/FF couplers)

Works for me every time.

This works well for the tractor side of the hydraulic circuit but doesn't help with a pressure bound implement that has been stored for a while.

/ Fix for Pressure Bound Hydraulic Couplers ? #27  
This works well for the tractor side of the hydraulic circuit but doesn't help with a pressure bound implement that has been stored for a while.
I haven't found that to be true ... you might wanna give it another try ...

/ Fix for Pressure Bound Hydraulic Couplers ? #28  
Good God man, how long are your arms? :laughing:
Yeah ... I should have qualified it: the front aux hydraulic on the loader is a little far ... :laughing:

However I have no issues reaching either the rear remotes or front loader ... since all the QC's are on the valves.

I haven't found that to be true ... you might wanna give it another try ...

If you are referring to one way male Pioneer or AG style QD's on rear remotes, your method works fine. I'm referring to FEL mounted flat faced and 2 way Pioneer style connectors controlled by a 3rd function valve. Both the tractor and implement sides of these QD's must be depressurized before they will connect properly.