being banned

/ being banned #82  
Just curious. Does that site archive posts in the (Un)Friendly Politics and Front Porch sections that require members to request admission?

Almost a certainty. The software is all the same, what is different is the access levels.

/ being banned #83  
why can't a member just be expunged from the register? I have no concern that the the members posts are archived, that is reasonable. I don't think it's reasonable to keep a member captive forever, even as a guest.

I already explained. If we reset the account to guest, there are no identifiers of the past account associated with the remaining posts, which would include username, signature, profile, etc. So it's not keeping them captive but rather allowing for the possibility that they would want to return some day and get all of their posts back.

/ being banned #84  
Let's find the silver lining here. If advertisers pay for posts, we just got an additional 84 with this thread!

/ being banned #85  
Can this qualify for the most worthless thread ever?:laughing:

PS: I liked that "he wants his panties back" quip.
PPS: but he has them "in a wad":laughing:

/ being banned #86  
Far too many to pick a No.1

/ being banned #87  
I think it is clear, if you don’t want your content on the internet, do not put it on the internet. Ever. What is ever on the internet can be permanent in some/many respects. I see Kidrs point, it is just not the world we live these days. It is not like a bank account where you can take your money and leave.

/ being banned #88  
Can this qualify for the most worthless thread ever?:laughing:
Nothing will ever take that title away from the p.a.l.l.e.t. thread...

/ being banned #90  
Nothing will ever take that title away from the p.a.l.l.e.t. thread...

The thread about nothing? What would happen to it if old sparc was banned and his post and all reply posts were deleted? Would what we saw be unseen? Would we recall what we read or would it all be unread?