Mini Excavator - What Size and Make

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #31  
Its not the size of your iron, it is your ability to use it....

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #32  
I assume we're not talking about trackhoes anymore, but if we were that's incorrect.

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #33  
I want a mini-X, too! Like the OP, I have a tractor with backhoe, but I have trails on my
mountainsides, and it is too wide.

I make transverse trails along my 100% (45-deg) slopes, and they are rarely wider than 48".
AND the side of the trail is partially uncompacted fill. So, I want an excavator that has no
more than 36" width.

Like the Cat 300.9, the Bobcat E10, the Kubota K008, etc. Maybe a Chinese unit with a
Yanmar engine?

Sometimes bigger is NOT better with these tools, as well as with tractors or pickups. I do
see a lot of bigger ones for a LOT less money here, however.

BTW, Caterpiller sells the 300.9 for just North of $20K + tax. It can be rented for $800/wk.

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #34  
Around our parts you see the small one for around 10K used - just hair over a new tractor backhoe.
29 Kubota KX8 Mini Excavator! | eBay
They seem to hold up well and there has been times I would liked to have one around!

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #35  
Around our parts you see the small one for around 10K used - just hair over a new tractor backhoe.
29 Kubota KX8 Mini Excavator! | eBay

Yeah, I saw that one for sale on eBay. Transport adds a lot.

If you are comparing that to a backhoe attachment for a tractor, like a Kubota
BH92, I suspect that is a lot less than $10K. Unless the prices have gone up. Lots
of used hoe attachments on Craigs around here, usually skidsteer units like Bradco
or Bobcat. Usually under $5K.

Regardless, I would love a K008. One local rental yard has 1 or 2. Maybe they will
make me a deal....

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #36  
My new to me excavator arrived this weekend. It is 2012 Yanmar VIO55 with just under 2000 hours on it. Now it is the long wait for the ground to thaw. IMG_20180225_112346_644.jpg

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #37  
Congrats and enjoy!

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #38  
It is 2012 Yanmar VIO55 with just under 2000 hours on it. View attachment 541502

Nice Yanmar. I like how they have protection bars for all the cylinder rods.

Does your new mini-X need any repairs? How sloppy are the pivots on the boom and dipper?

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #39  
My new to me excavator arrived this weekend. It is 2012 Yanmar VIO55 with just under 2000 hours on it. Now it is the long wait for the ground to thaw.View attachment 541502

Very nice low hour machine. take care of it and pass it on to your grand kids.

Just fired up my old 1997 PC75UU2. Filling the tank to top it off and adding additive kept the water out of the fuel so it fired first crank.

Chased out the Mice

Will change oil first time in 3 years come spring.

/ Mini Excavator - What Size and Make #40  
That's a nice machine you have plenty of fun ahead of you playing with it :thumbsup: