One new lawn tractor on the lot

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot
They are really proud of them. My 21 year old JD LT133 is still running too. It's just too small for my yard and gets stuck a lot. With any luck this will be my last lawnmower I buy and in fact it's the only one I've bought.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #12  
They are really proud of them. My 21 year old JD LT133 is still running too. It's just too small for my yard and gets stuck a lot. With any luck this will be my last lawnmower I buy and in fact it's the only one I've bought.

I guess in the overall scheme of things, the cost is reasonable if you get 21 years out of it. Probably figures out to about $20 a month. My old craftsman pencils out to about $4 a month over the long haul.

Guess I need to chill. I haven't paid any attention to what things cost and am totally shocked when I do see prices.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #13  
I guess in the overall scheme of things, the cost is reasonable if you get 21 years out of it. Probably figures out to about $20 a month. My old craftsman pencils out to about $4 a month over the long haul.

Guess I need to chill. I haven't paid any attention to what things cost and am totally shocked when I do see prices.

Then do yourself a faver and don't check out the JD X700 series tractors....:eek:

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #14  
Then do yourself a faver and don't check out the JD X700 series tractors....:eek:

Haha. You knew I would have to look. I am over the sticker shock. Good, sturdy Lawn Tractors cost money.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #15  
Yep :D

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot
The 790 is the one I really wanted but not at $13K. Good Lord they are proud of those.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #17  
MERCY! Old JD 790s at that! I may have fell off a Turnip Truck...but it wasn't yesterday. People actually buy these?
At those prices? That is Shocking!

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #18  
I doubt they sell many X700 series. My local JD dealer sells far more X570 and 1023E/1025R tractors. While the X700 series does have some signicant improvements and strengths over the X570-X590 family, they are just too **** expensive for being a beefed lawn/garden tractor.

Better to either drop down a couple $k and get the X570-590 series (which will handle most of the work that an X710-790 series will do, aside from a few tasks that both of them should realy leave to a true SCUT or CUT), or go up a grand or two and get a 1023/1025 series or any other SCUT and gain mucho capability and durability over the X710-790...

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #19  
I doubt they sell many X700 series. My local JD dealer sells far more X570 and 1023E/1025R tractors. While the X700 series does have some signicant improvements and strengths over the X570-X590 family, they are just too **** expensive for being a beefed lawn/garden tractor.

Better to either drop down a couple $k and get the X570-590 series (which will handle most of the work that an X710-790 series will do, aside from a few tasks that both of them should realy leave to a true SCUT or CUT), or go up a grand or two and get a 1023/1025 series or any other SCUT and gain mucho capability and durability over the X710-790...

Agree.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #20  
Holy Moly! I just checked the price on those. Certainly out of my price range. Perhaps my 25 year old Craftsman will out live me...

It well be out of your price range but let's face it quality costs. In 1968 my father bought a new 8 hp JD 110 lawn/garden tractor with a 38" deck for $900, he used it for 25 years then sold it. In todays dollars that $900 would be $6,600, which makes a JD 590 with a 25hp engine and 48" deck seem like a bargain at $7,700.