One new lawn tractor on the lot

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #31  
...And Kubota makes a diesel mower just as costly as the JD. Would have really like to own the diesel version but with buying a new tractor at the same time had to stop the bleeding somewhere.

We are all extremely fortunate to have these rider problems. I remember about 25 years ago drooling over a Honda self propelled walk behind mower and walking away with my tail between my legs to go buy a craftsman push mower.

The Kubota does have a lotta features for the money (diesel, ps, awd, hydraulic lift, hydraulic pto clutch), and lists for less than the equivalent JD X700 series machines. However, it's definitely is geared toward manicured lawns (abeit ones with slick hills and such). That complicated glide steer front end doesn't at all look to me like it'd be very sturdy or useful in a garden tractor role (and therefore isn't for me).

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #32  
LOL, good eye, most call it a Jeep. Sheç—´ a good 20 footer, 1980 FJ40, all original drivetrain, rebuilt 4.2L cast iron straight six.

Topç—´ off for summer so me and the lady can take it down to the ice cream stand on Saturday nights.

I drove all over Australia in one the same in the late 70's, early eighties. Towed a 30' tri-axle van while I was gold prospecting. Fantastic machine. Mine had the round headlight frames.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #33  
The tires work really well and it is a comfortable ride. There are a few places on hills in my yard that I did have to use the rear differential lock. And as soon as I engaged the lock the machine climbed right up the hill. No more rocking in the seat to get traction.

Nice. How much are you mowing? How fast will it go?

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot
Nice. How much are you mowing? How fast will it go?
About 2 1/2 acres. Used to take me about 2-3 hours. Haven't nailed down the time for the new mower yet. Definitely faster than the 42" deck on the LT133 but not as fast as the zero turn Bad Boy mower I test drove. If the Bad Boy mower was right for my piece of property (lay out and hills) I would have bought it for sure.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #35  
Holy Moly! I just checked the price on those. Certainly out of my price range. Perhaps my 25 year old Craftsman will out live me. Haha. I change the oil every few years, replaced battery twice, the blades four times and the mandrals twice. Yet to change any belts. Been great for a $1299 tractor.

You do have a shot at your 25 year old Craftsman out living you.
I am 77, and still use, my dad's 46 year old 42" Craftsman: It has mowed MANY hundreds of acres.
15HP single cyl. Briggs, still going strong.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #36  
You do have a shot at your 25 year old Craftsman out living you.
I am 77, and still use, my dad's 46 year old 42" Craftsman: It has mowed MANY hundreds of acres.
15HP single cyl. Briggs, still going strong.

You bet! Sometimes, you just get a good one.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #37  
About 2 1/2 acres. Used to take me about 2-3 hours. Haven't nailed down the time for the new mower yet. Definitely faster than the 42" deck on the LT133 but not as fast as the zero turn Bad Boy mower I test drove. If the Bad Boy mower was right for my piece of property (lay out and hills) I would have bought it for sure.
I had a toro 48" deck and had to trade up to a 60" deck a few months later. I was mowing about 3 acres. Cut my mowing time by 40%

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #38  
Going into my 3rd year with my X324, if it last as well as its predecessor a JD 124 which I got 20 plus years out of I will be happy. The four wheel steering with an 18 inch turning radius makes it almost as effective as a zero turn around trees and other obstacles.
They are spend but do last a long long time.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #39  
Holy Moly! I just checked the price on those. Certainly out of my price range. Perhaps my 25 year old Craftsman will out live me. Haha. I change the oil every few years, replaced battery twice, the blades four times and the mandrals twice. Yet to change any belts. Been great for a $1299 tractor.

Good to know. My 13 year old craftsman is going strong. Change the oil every year and the blades as needed. I think I am on my third battery already though.

As to op I still love my lawn tractor. It has its uses. It mows well. Also it is better for pulling the spreader bc I can reach the lever that stops/starts the flow of material out of the spreader from the seat.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #40  
Nice machine that will give you many years of service. Back in 1988 I bought a 520H Wheel Horse with a 54" deck. Back then that mower cost $5500. As you say quality costs. Those things still bring $2K to $3K. In today's dollars that is north of $11K. My father sold Allis-Chalmers B-210's back in 1970 in the neighborhood for $1200. That is north of $7500 in tody's dollars. When you think about it. it's pretty amazing that you can get a $1K mower these days that will actually last one mowing season.