One new lawn tractor on the lot

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #1  

Ffphil

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT359C
The JD X590 had it's break in ride today. Glad I made the right choice for me. We test drove a Big Dog 54" Maverick, which was a great mower. We just didn't think the zero turn was right for us. And after today on the X590 I'm glad to say I made the right choice on this one.

IMG_20180521_141757.jpeg

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #2  
Nice! That’s a super nice garden tractor with the K72. I have an X590 too and the wife and I love it. I’m happy to be one of the few, the proud, TBN members who still prefer a good garden tractor.

IMG_3498.JPG

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #4  
Took me a while to see your JD with that beautiful Land Cruiser in the way.

LOL, good eye, most call it a Jeep. She’s a good 20 footer, 1980 FJ40, all original drivetrain, rebuilt 4.2L cast iron straight six.

Top’s off for summer so me and the lady can take it down to the ice cream stand on Saturday nights.

Last edited:
   / One new lawn tractor on the lot
The Land Crusher should never be confused for a Heep!

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #6  
The Land Crusher should never be confused for a Heep!

While I'm a huge fan of Toyota, I don't believe the Land Cruiser was on the winning side of any wars.... :)

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #7  
That JD has some nice meats on the back!:thumbsup:

Never was a fan of those sissy looking turf tires. They look like they will slip and slide if a dog peed on the grass. :laughing:
Hey don't laugh, my F-250 7.3l came with Firestone and if dew was on the grass forget it. It did well just to move off the grass much less with our 5'r.

Let us know how well it handles little slopes and such.
oh and congrats....

Last edited:
   / One new lawn tractor on the lot #8  
Nice! That’s a super nice garden tractor with the K72. I have an X590 too and the wife and I love it. I’m happy to be one of the few, the proud, TBN members who still prefer a good garden tractor.

View attachment 555248

That is a fine looking/comfortable lawn tractor there.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot
The tires work really well and it is a comfortable ride. There are a few places on hills in my yard that I did have to use the rear differential lock. And as soon as I engaged the lock the machine climbed right up the hill. No more rocking in the seat to get traction.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #10  
Holy Moly! I just checked the price on those. Certainly out of my price range. Perhaps my 25 year old Craftsman will out live me. Haha. I change the oil every few years, replaced battery twice, the blades four times and the mandrals twice. Yet to change any belts. Been great for a $1299 tractor.