An easier way to refuel your tractor

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #41  
Engineers could and would do things a lot differently if they were not faced with bureaucracy in the workplace environment.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #42  
Remember to use a cargo strap to hold it in the bucket. Safety first.
I have a Duramax Flo N' Go 14 gallon that is gravity fed and I use the FEL to get it above the level of my fuel cap.
I also have a Duromax/Fel solution
8oo-20180707_182913.jpg
Should I add a groundstrap?

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #43  
I've used cans for years. Now I just drive the MX to the gas station about 2 miles away. Still use 5 gallon jugs for smaller machines.

Andy

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #45  
I also have a Duromax/Fel solution
View attachment 590067
Should I add a groundstrap?

Now why didn't I think of that, redneck fueling right there. If I would've done that 4 years ago I wouldn't of pulled my shoulder muscle on a nice winter Sat morning, I couldn't do anything rest of the day. If my electric pump goes that's what I'll do with my 5gal jug, 40 years ago I could've thrown that 5 gal jug over the tractor. You probably posted that pic before but I missed it that's why it's always good to keep posting the same picture here and there, thanks for the picture.

Maybe if it was gas a ground strap wouldn't be a bad idea, but diesel............

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #46  
Might find reading on static electricity interesting on "Snopes".

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #47  
Might find reading on static electricity interesting on "Snopes".

If you have no ground strap or are simply unable to provide an adequate assurance of grounding, place the fuel nozzle against the lip of the fill opening of the target fuel canister, this action may provide adequate static transfer...THEN place the fuel nozzle inside the canister to reduce the air space where static can be released prior to beginning the fuel transfer. A submerged fill tube is even better. The fill tube reduces the amount of vapors/foam generated - reducing the conditions where static electricity ignites vapors.

BarnieTrk

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #48  
I personaly have never seen an electric pump, 12 volt or battery operated that goes on a jerry can. Kind of surprising. Probably, because someone would immeditely use it for Gasoline.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #50  
I use those No-Spill cans as well. I added a vent on my diesel (a "replacement" sold for the old-style can's) so it pours faster. Filling the tractor is an awkward position, so anything that minimizes the time spent is a plus. I don't really need the vent on my gasoline can, since the tanks I fill with that are easy to reach. My only gripe with the cans is minor: the spout is too short to make it easy to dump the last of my gas into the tank of our minivan or Subaru if I want to get rid of the last of any old stuff before refilling. (It does OK on our Tacoma pickup.)

Just search "gas can vent" on Amazon. I'm seeing 5-packs for $6.89, 10-packs for $8. If you use them in really cold weather, I suggest getting more than just one. I just cracked the little attachment strap on the vent on my Diesel can recently. IT snapped in when I opened the vent in about 5˚F weather, and I lost the top in the snow.