An easier way to refuel your tractor

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #51  
I stuffed a Fil-Rite electric pump into the furnace oil (we heat with coloured diesel) tank and that works real good for me. No more handling 5 gallon cans and trying to lift them up onto the hood of the Kioti.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #52  
Been using a rattle siphon for years for hydraulic oil and fuel. Simple and no mess. 5 dollars.

Siphon1.JPG

ReFuelM5640.JPG

WasteOil8.JPG

gg

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #53  
There are thousands of diesel fuel transfer tanks located in the back of pickups. They are made of metal vs plastic and are bonded to the vehicle. I wonder if being metal reduces the possibility of static electric?

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #54  
I use those No-Spill cans as well. My only gripe with the cans is minor: the spout is too short to make it easy to dump the last of my gas into the tank of our minivan or Subaru if I want to get rid of the last of any old stuff before refilling. (It does OK on our Tacoma pickup.)

No-spill sells an extension spout that makes filling cars and trucks easier.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #55  
There are thousands of diesel fuel transfer tanks located in the back of pickups. They are made of metal vs plastic and are bonded to the vehicle. I wonder if being metal reduces the possibility of static electric?

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that because the transfer tanks are secured / bonded / grounded to the vehicle is what makes them less apt to provide a means for static electricity to be generated.... Such a setup could be considered the same as the fuel tank built into each car/truck on the road - remember even if a vehicle has a plastic tank, the fill spout will be made of metal. I think where the issue of static electricity has a higher potential is when the transfer canister is NOT grounded to the vehicle and then is compounded when the canister does not have a metal fill spout.

I support my therory with the many documented examples of static-ignited fires involving ungrounded/fastened transfer canister (made of plastic construction) fires being loose in the back of a vehicle that also sports a plastic bedliner.... we know plastic supports static electricity. Whereas metal transfer canisters typically are not even painted at the fill opening, allowing for a grounding to occur when the metal fill spout is rubbed against it just prior to the start of the filling operation.

I think we all can agree that there are more vapors generated when filling/handling gasoline than there is when filling/handling diesel fuel...thus, less vapors with diesel fuel reduces the hazard, but does not eliminate it.

What do ya think, guys....does that make some sense?

BarnieTrk

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #56  
I personaly have never seen an electric pump, 12 volt or battery operated that goes on a jerry can. Kind of surprising. Probably, because someone would immeditely use it for Gasoline.

I bought this one a couple of years ago. The ad claims it's approved for gasoline but I don't know what authority "approved" it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HOXQ5E0/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61mc7PjE1SL._SL1500_.jpg

I do use it to fuel a generator from a 5 gal. can but I make the electrical connection at least 50 feet away.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #57  
I have one of these will easily pump from a can on the ground up into the top mounted tank on my jinma
ALEKO BST1017N 12V 5A DC Motor Fuel Oil Diesel Pump with Hose with Handle

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #58  
Can usually be found on Amazon for under $20 will empty a 5 gal can in about 2 min never timed it but pretty fastpump.jpeg

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #59  
I got this https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200609589_200609589

Its a bit expensive but I just hook it up to my tractor battery and fill it up. I put it on a pallet so can load and unload in my truck. I also use when I rent an excavator. Makes it really nice for that. Plus its 55 gallons.

Its handy and the pump works great.

As I said probably a bit expensive but I don't regret purchasing it

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #60  
I have one of these will easily pump from a can on the ground up into the top mounted tank on my jinma
ALEKO BST1017N 12V 5A DC Motor Fuel Oil Diesel Pump with Hose with Handle

I like the way that they say
Made for motor, diesel, or heating oil. Do not use for water, gearbox oil, or easily flammable liquids like fuel or petrol.
, then go on to tell how you can use it to fuel your
Car, Motorcycles, Scooter, Quad Bike, Truck, Boat, Forklift, Generator, Tractor, Ride On Mower

Still, it looks like a handy tool for diesel and I will have to try one. I just dumped 8 gallons in using a rattle hose and while it works well I am always open to a better way.