Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Am I making the right choice????

/ Am I making the right choice????
I do not know how much snow you get, but here in north idaho if you do not keep up with it throughout snow season.... a plow is not going to move it. I had a neighbor come and beg me to snow blow their drive last year ... they had been in Nevada for months... snowbirds. They hired a local plow guy that got his truck buried in the 4 feet of snow on a 400 ft driveway. No place to push it as they did not keep up with it. The blower did the job, but even that took time. No way a sxs would have touched it.

a pto mount snowblower wouldn稚 cost too much

I have family in the area. I would check with them regarding snow on the ground. Also, my neighbor has a 15 ton TLB that I have enlisted to get through the road snow at the end of the driveway. I also have an excavator and the tractor with FEL to move big snow.

/ Am I making the right choice???? #12  
Truck plow. Put some nice weight in the bed and with chains even on highway tires it will feel like your moving snow with a dozer.

You really dont need 4 chains on a 4wd truck. Two on the rear will do just fine.

Whats your average snow fall for the year?

/ Am I making the right choice???? #13  
Nm on the average snow fall. I see your about 2hrs from me.

We just bought a piece of property near Norwich ny on a seasonal rd. If i ever want to go there in the winter il just bring snow shoes. Its about 1500ft and about the same elevation as your stating from the plowed section. Why cant you just use the snowmobiles to shuttle things and leave the snow in place?

/ Am I making the right choice???? #14  
I would go with truck based on your options. A few extra bags of sand or scoops of dirt in the bed for weight will also help.

/ Am I making the right choice???? #15  
If the tractor is already at the property, you have to get to it before you can plow. If not, you have to get it there and leave the truck and trailer somewhere until you clear a path. If you have to bring the tractor with you to plow, just get the truck plow, but driving with a plow isn't fun.

I assume the tractor option means removing the FEL to mount a JD Plow... if so, just get a front mounted snow blower... it can tackle anything. If you don't mind running backwards, get a 3 PT Snow Blower and keep the FEL on it. You can get a purpose built Loader Arm mounted snow plow for well under $4,400, even included adding a diverter valve for power angle.

/ Am I making the right choice???? #16  
Going back to the thread title. You haven't made a choice.

/ Am I making the right choice???? #17  
Taking care of a long driveway with an open tractor is a burden I would only wish on a select few. Using a blower on an open tractor is something I’d reserve for the extra special. I did both for way too long.

/ Am I making the right choice???? #18  
Taking care of a long driveway with an open tractor is a burden I would only wish on a select few. Using a blower on an open tractor is something I’d reserve for the extra special. I did both for way too long.

No offense Rick. I laughed outloud when I read this. Only those that have experienced tbis can fully appreciate the truth and humor. :)

/ Am I making the right choice???? #19  
No offense Rick. I laughed outloud when I read this. Only those that have experienced tbis can fully appreciate the truth and humor. :)

I’m not sure you could offend me Richard. You took it in the spirit it was given!

/ Am I making the right choice????
Nm on the average snow fall. I see your about 2hrs from me.

We just bought a piece of property near Norwich ny on a seasonal rd. If i ever want to go there in the winter il just bring snow shoes. Its about 1500ft and about the same elevation as your stating from the plowed section. Why cant you just use the snowmobiles to shuttle things and leave the snow in place?

That is an option that I never really thought of. But I would still need to clear an area to pull vehicles off the road. Especially if there is a large amount of frozen road snow left over from the town plows.