Hydrauluc top & tilt kit

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #11  
FitRite has restrictors in most of his TnT kits. Holes are the size of pencil lead in the fittings going into the cylinders on each side. Makes things slower & much easier to control precisely. Based on that hose size really doesnt matter between the TnT cylinders & QDs. Smaller is probably actually better due to the better flexibility & possibly reduced flow.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #12  
Brian @ Fit Rite Hydraulics. He advised - I bought - I've been more than pleased with the purchase. Kick my butt for not buying Fit Rite when I first bought the M6040 in 2009. Had the hydraulic top link for five years now.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #13  
Brian, I telephoned but missed you. I have the new top n tilt from you which looks 1st rate quality, and look forward to installing it this weekend on our M7060HDC. The tractor has two self-cancelling detent remote valves and 1 float rv. I'm wondering the difference in functionality with including vs excluding the float from the TnT set-up. Most of my application currently will be a large box blade and a landscape rake. I'm confused ... Did I make a mistake in ordering the valves, should 2 have been floats? I had the dealer install them. Thanks ahead of time,
Cal

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #14  
Brian, I telephoned but missed you. I have the new top n tilt from you which looks 1st rate quality, and look forward to installing it this weekend on our M7060HDC. The tractor has two self-cancelling detent remote valves and 1 float rv. I'm wondering the difference in functionality with including vs excluding the float from the TnT set-up. Most of my application currently will be a large box blade and a landscape rake. I'm confused ... Did I make a mistake in ordering the valves, should 2 have been floats? I had the dealer install them. Thanks ahead of time,
Cal

You never (that I can think of) would ever need the float feature with both the top link and side link at the same time. Typically the top link float feature would be used when using a 3pt mower when mowing steep angles, more than what the mowers hitch allows for. The side link float feature would be used when you want free up-down movement on either side of any ground working implement.

Did you make a mistake with the valves that you have? I typically recommend both top & tilt valves have the float feature, but you can get by with just a single float feature if need be. If the dealer will exchange them, I would. ;)

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #15  
That makes sense, Brian, thanks! I'll discuss with the dealer, but my guess is it will be several $00 to switch out. If so, I'll leave it as is to be changed in future if/when an implement will benefit -- I currently don't yet have my mower because I don't as yet have grass! That's next spring after we get all the limbs and debris collected and the ground smoothed up a lot . . .

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #16  
Cal

My M9540 has one SCV and two floats. I can't get good movement control with the SCV. It's not principally designed for that feature. I use the two float valves for my TnT.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #17  
I'm curious: is no one using double piloted check valves on their cylinders anymore? I did not know about those when I set up my TnT system years ago. I've regretted it ever since, since the leakdown on my system can be a pain in the but in some situations.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #18  
I'm curious: is no one using double piloted check valves on their cylinders anymore? I did not know about those when I set up my TnT system years ago. I've regretted it ever since, since the leakdown on my system can be a pain in the but in some situations.

It's not used much because it will completely disable the float function. Which is still a nice function to have on the top link.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #19  
I regret not getting them because Kubota valves suck. I'm on my 6th or 7th valve for my rear 3 valves. The toplink valve is pretty decent finally, but the sidelink has always dropped pretty quick. Worst was 45 minutes or so. It's a little over an hour on the current valve. I've kind of given up on getting a decent valve from Kubota at this point. Under warranty, but the pain of getting it into the dealer even when they are transporting the machine in for free is just to much at this point. Really disappoint in Kubota on this.

Might look into getting some double piloted valves to lock the sidelink down & get around the crap Kubota valves. I'd loose float, but dont use it much on the sidelink. I use it a **** of a lot on the toplink though.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #20  
I regret not getting them because Kubota valves suck. I'm on my 6th or 7th valve for my rear 3 valves. The toplink valve is pretty decent finally, but the sidelink has always dropped pretty quick. Worst was 45 minutes or so. It's a little over an hour on the current valve. I've kind of given up on getting a decent valve from Kubota at this point. Under warranty, but the pain of getting it into the dealer even when they are transporting the machine in for free is just to much at this point. Really disappoint in Kubota on this.

Might look into getting some double piloted valves to lock the sidelink down & get around the crap Kubota valves. I'd loose float, but dont use it much on the sidelink. I use it a **** of a lot on the toplink though.

I've been working on this and now have 2 different solutions for the leak down issues.

If you feel that you can get by without the float feature, then install a DPOCV. This requires custom banjo bolts to work on Fit Rite cylinders. $120 shipped to you.

Or if you feel that you would like to keep the float feature capability, then an electric on-off valve can be installed at the tractor rod end coupler with a control grip for the control lever to actuate the on-off valve. Still need to put final pricing together, but looking like $300 + or -.