Hydrauluc top & tilt kit

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #21  
I've been working on this and now have 2 different solutions for the leak down issues.

If you feel that you can get by without the float feature, then install a DPOCV. This requires custom banjo bolts to work on Fit Rite cylinders. $120 shipped to you.

Or if you feel that you would like to keep the float feature capability, then an electric on-off valve can be installed at the tractor rod end coupler with a control grip for the control lever to actuate the on-off valve. Still need to put final pricing together, but looking like $300 + or -.

Was meaning to pester you about it one of these days. So problem solved on that front. ;-) love the TnT even with all the leakdown issues it's so worth it.

At those prices I'd likely just deal with losing float on the sidelink. I really only use it for setting an impliment level to a surface while sitting still. I haven't really used it while pulling a mower or ground engaging impliment.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #22  
It's not used much because it will completely disable the float function. Which is still a nice function to have on the top link.

But that is the point of the pilot operated check valves, is it not? Float and pilot operated check valve are functional options that are added to a standard valve operation, and not compatible as you point out. You chose one, the other or neither. If you choose neither, you have no float and still have to deal with cylinder drift, unless you get very lucky with the standard valve. Even then, over time drift will likely start with valve wear.

I have four remotes, normally use three of them. One has float. That one will not hold position over time. This is a negative when you want your 3 point arms to remain in position, like when a brush hog is used. As mentioned float is a nice feature, but must be weighed against the cylinder drift issue.

In my case I love having the one float valve, but would not replace one of the other POCV valves with a float valve. I guess there could be times when two float valves could be useful, like having one on the top link of the brush cutter, and another on the 3PH arm to allow twisting when mowing highly irregular surfaces...actually I am not sure that would work...seems like cutter would just settle down low on one side?

Now I am having trouble visualizing when I could use a second float valve...:confused:

Anyone have any examples of using two float valves simultaneously on a 3PH?

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #23  
It's not used much because it will completely disable the float function. Which is still a nice function to have on the top link.

I don't have the float function and have never really come across a situation where I felt the need for it. There is no float on the stock manual top or side links, and my brush mower has "float" built into the linkage.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #24  
But that is the point of the pilot operated check valves, is it not? Float and pilot operated check valve are functional options that are added to a standard valve operation, and not compatible as you point out. You chose one, the other or neither. If you choose neither, you have no float and still have to deal with cylinder drift, unless you get very lucky with the standard valve. Even then, over time drift will likely start with valve wear.

I have four remotes, normally use three of them. One has float. That one will not hold position over time. This is a negative when you want your 3 point arms to remain in position, like when a brush hog is used. As mentioned float is a nice feature, but must be weighed against the cylinder drift issue.

In my case I love having the one float valve, but would not replace one of the other POCV valves with a float valve. I guess there could be times when two float valves could be useful, like having one on the top link of the brush cutter, and another on the 3PH arm to allow twisting when mowing highly irregular surfaces...actually I am not sure that would work...seems like cutter would just settle down low on one side?

Now I am having trouble visualizing when I could use a second float valve...:confused:

Anyone have any examples of using two float valves simultaneously on a 3PH?

I can't think of a situation where you would have both the top link and side link in float mode. So one valve with the float feature does work for both. But what a hassle to have to be switching hoses back and forth from one set of controls to the other.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #25  
Would you ever let your Land Plane float both directions? I don't have one so aren't sure.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #26  
I don't have the float function and have never really come across a situation where I felt the need for it. There is no float on the stock manual top or side links, and my brush mower has "float" built into the linkage.

There are instances where the amount of movement allowed with the std mower hitch is not adequate for the situation, such as on banks either up or down.

As far as having independent draft link movement, while you tractor may not have it many tractors do. John Deere tractors first come to mind providing a small amount. Pictures give an idea of what is on some tractors. Pictures are of a 40xx series JD side link-draft arm connection.

As far as having a hydraulic side link with the float mode feature, this does not work well for rough mower use, typically only with implements that make full width ground contact, or a finish mower with corner wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    596.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    579.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    668.5 KB · Views: 130
   / Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #27  
I built my hydraulic side link. Wanted to retain that float ability. That was the most technical part of the build. :)

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #28  
I built my hydraulic side link. Wanted to retain that float ability. That was the most technical part of the build. :)

You needed the lower unit pictured . Actually both units to not have to build anything. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3735.JPG
    IMG_3735.JPG
    722.1 KB · Views: 154
   / Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #29  
I enjoyed the challenge.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #30  
I'm curious: is no one using double piloted check valves on their cylinders anymore? I did not know about those when I set up my TnT system years ago. I've regretted it ever since, since the leakdown on my system can be a pain in the but in some situations.
I sure do.
I tried a top link and side link and got tired of the leak down. (side link leak down is really annoying).
Switched to piloted check valve top/tilt cylinders probably 17 years ago and have had zero leak down ever since.