Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #1  

kf4uda

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, CaseIH Farmall 35A, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800
Do any of you guys use a Equalizer WDH? If so, what are your experiences with it? We are about to trade up to a larger travel trailer and will be needing a WDH for it. I have looked at about every hitch on the market and like the way the Equalizer hitch is made and where its made (USA).

Equal-i-zer(R) Hitch | How Equal-i-zer Works

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #2  
Do any of you guys use a Equalizer WDH? If so, what are your experiences with it? We are about to trade up to a larger travel trailer and will be needing a WDH for it. I have looked at about every hitch on the market and like the way the Equalizer hitch is made and where its made (USA).

Equal-i-zer(R) Hitch | How Equal-i-zer Works
I'm using the 4 point Equal-Izer rated at 10K on my RAM 2500 and Coachmen Apex UltraLite 289TBSS (28' box, 33' overall).

It's nailed to the rails straight down the road even in a summer torrential rain/wind storm. I'm extremely happy with it, and I grabbed it used from Facebook Market for $350. I win.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #3  
My cousin pulls a 28' travel trailer with a Ford F-150. I rode with him to pull it home. He almost cried, because he thought he was going to have to trade trucks. I had tried to tell him to get a WDH before we went, and again at the dealer. He didn't listen to me, because he didn't think that it would make any difference. :rolleyes:
Short story, he finally ordered a hitch, and he didn't have to buy a bigger truck.
I don't remember what brand, but I'll ask him.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #4  
It's a E-Z-Lift he ordered online.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #5  
Can't speak about the Equalizer brand but I use a Reese round bar style. My travel trailer is just over 11K GVWR and about 1100 lb tongue weight. I tow with a 2500HD and never had any problems. I've been using this hitch over 20 years now. The key is to properly set up the hitch.

Husky 31423 Husky Round Bar Weight Distribution Kit - 1,2 lbs

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #6  
Yes.
I've a 14K rated one for hauling my 12K equipment trailer with my F350 dually, and if I get around to it I'm planning on getting the sway control brackets for my 10K cargo trailer.
Have a farm jack to put the spring arms on and off.

Seems to work well.

I like the relatively easy setup and no chains.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #7  
If money weren't an object and I was looking for a heavy duty WD hitch with sway control, I would get a Pro-Pride.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #8  
I use this Kurt, rated 17k, it works good.

Attachments

• Hitch 1.jpg
    Hitch 1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 189
  • Hitch 2.jpg
    Hitch 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 167
   / Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #9  
This is what I use when I’m towing large loads with my Silverado.
IMG_4682.JPG

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #10  
I have a WDH (other brand), it works great. One of my daughters and SIL have the one the OP linked.. they love it and towed cross country with heavy loaded enclosed trailer. Setup is key as others mentioned. If I traveled extensively, I might consider a ProPride, but what I have works great.