Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #12  
Do any of you guys use a Equalizer WDH? If so, what are your experiences with it? We are about to trade up to a larger travel trailer and will be needing a WDH for it. I have looked at about every hitch on the market and like the way the Equalizer hitch is made and where its made (USA).

Equal-i-zer(R) Hitch | How Equal-i-zer Works

The Equal-i-zer hitch is the best in my opinion!

I use a 14K Equal-i-zer hitch ($644.09 at etrailer.com - $599.99 on E-Bay) when pulling my 14K equipment trailer with Kubota L48 TLB aboard.
A 12K gross load.
For a travel trailer, you will not need even close to the 14K size.

The 12K loaded trailer tows easily behind my 1997 K2500 4x4 Suburban with 454 V8.
The Equal-i-zer solid bars in my opinion, are better at controlling trailer sway than the bars with chain arrangement that others have.
Also IMPORTANTLY: The Equal-i-zer hitch can be backed up without any adjustment.

Braking is a major issue with any large trailer
DO NOT TAILGATE...EVER!!

Don't go cheap on a hitch!

Last edited:
   / Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #13  
I used an Equalizer hitch on my 14k equipment trailer hauling tractor and implements cross country with my F150. Solid as a rock in all conditions.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #14  
I use the equalizer for my travel trailer.
Prior round bar and chain leveled fine, but the sway control was almost non existent. (little brake pad thing)
The equal-i-zer has made trips much more enjoyable.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #15  
The Equal-i-zer hitch is the best in my opinion!

I use a 14K Equal-i-zer hitch ($644.09 at etrailer.com - $599.99 on E-Bay) when pulling my 14K equipment trailer with Kubota L48 TLB aboard.
A 12K gross load.
<snip>
Also: The Equal-i-zer hitch can be backed up without any adjustment.

Braking is the major issue to be aware of.
DO NOT TAILGATE...EVER!!

Don't go cheap on a hitch!
I clean forgot about backing up, that's one of the reasons i went with the Equal-i-zer.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #16  
I clean forgot about backing up, that's one of the reasons i went with the Equal-i-zer.
Same here. I primarily use the Equalizer with my 10k Dump trailer, and backing it up is a necessity with just about every load and I've never had any issues doing it. It definitely helps with stability and control when towing. I just need to get an additional set of brackets to bolt to my equipment trailer tongue so I can use it with that also. That is a nice thing too with a much lower cost, so you don't have to buy another complete system for each trailer.
It's the only WD system I have used but I would definitely recommend it.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #17  
   / Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch
Thanks to everybody for their experiences and opinions. Sounds like it is 100% positive feedback on the Equalizer hitch. I will defiantly be buying this hitch. I wish I could find a deal like Rock Crawler did. :thumbsup:

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch
I picked up our new travel trailer a couple weeks back and the new Equalizer hitch. The RV dealer set it all up. I went by a Cat scale to check and they did a good setup ( I may tweak slightly). We drove the 100 mi trip home in a mix of interstate and highway driving without any white knuckle experiences. I am very pleased with this hitch so far.

/ Equalizer Weight Distribution Hitch #20  
I picked up our new travel trailer a couple weeks back and the new Equalizer hitch. The RV dealer set it all up. I went by a Cat scale to check and they did a good setup ( I may tweak slightly). We drove the 100 mi trip home in a mix of interstate and highway driving without any white knuckle experiences. I am very pleased with this hitch so far.

The Equal-i-zer hitch is the best in my opinion.
I had a 10,000 lb model, and currently have a 14,000 lb. model