Esab, Lincoln or Miller

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #61  
True to tell, I spent a little time lookin at Marks razzle dazzle web sites and his happy club, then I did a quick & dirty comparison to his replies to posts here and a couple other places. That got me to wondering; Why did Mark give up an obviously successful position barkin the carnival midway geek show to become a spokesman for welding machines?

You sit and read Mark for 10 minutes ya notice how he returns to his carnie days and ways, don't have many answers so he clicks one of his canned phrases and trys to divert the post. Fine by me, ain't like I'm gonna buy one of his green nightmare boxes anyhow, truth totell I'm too old to need another welder, and if I was young enough to need another it wouldn't be green less it was a early P&H. Mark puts me in mind of a Banti Rooster kickin up dust.

While I was wanderin on Mark's fabulous web site I did notice a few things, confirmed em with a search engine too. That everlast company in Caliland is just rented space in another nondescript building right next to some Rent-A-Nurse outfit till one of them moves. Sort of intereesting. Kinda like when Thermal Dynamics reinvented themself planning to have nothing more on US soil than a loading dock and shipping office. Them fools got handed all of Hobart Bros engine drive line and plasma welding line and parts so ITW could settle the Lawsuit Lincoln dropped on ITW. Then TD blew the greatest chance they ever had to ****.

Far as things made in China, I been around long enough to understand China will deliver exactly what you spec, as long as you're smart enough to inspect and hold payment till the stuff is to spec and right. Chinese ain't stupid, they're teaching about half the Masters programs for Cornell on internet from China and doing it very well. They got some fine engineers too probably the engineers who design green welders.

Bottom line, I got no need of Mark, dang little tolerance for him and absolutely no intent to buy or even use free of charge any of his products. Few more things I could say but I won't cause I got a hunch Mark got a key dat makes things disappear since he pays for this forum.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #62  
I really don't understand the attitudes of a few here. Everlast Mark is just another guy here providing some info (take it or leave it) like many others except he has some experience versus a backyard hack. He has been completely open with his association. It is not even 'his' company but obviously he has pride... which I respect. Not like he is a used car salesman. Why the vitriol? Let's get a ESAB, Lincoln, and Miller rep on board... that would be great. Would you kneel to them because of color?

Some of you are in the trade and that makes you someone to also listen to... but making it personal in bashing a brand and being loyal to others is seems ignorant and even short sighted. Don't be stuck in the mud. IBM, Kodak, Sears, and many others that come to mind here.

I have yet to understand the big difference between Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green in 2020. Circa 2000 okay I get it. Maybe you experts can explain... preferably with some data other than anecdotal comments. You haven't convinced me so far. This coming from a Miller and Hypertherm owner... and a hack at that.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #63  
I really don't understand the attitudes of a few here. Everlast Mark is just another guy here providing some info (take it or leave it) like many others except he has some experience versus a backyard hack. He has been completely open with his association. It is not even 'his' company but obviously he has pride... which I respect. Not like he is a used car salesman. Why the vitriol? Let's get a ESAB, Lincoln, and Miller rep on board... that would be great. Would you kneel to them because of color?

Some of you are in the trade and that makes you someone to also listen to... but making it personal in bashing a brand and being loyal to others is seems ignorant and even short sighted. Don't be stuck in the mud. IBM, Kodak, Sears, and many others that come to mind here.

I have yet to understand the big difference between Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green in 2020. Circa 2000 okay I get it. Maybe you experts can explain... preferably with some data other than anecdotal comments. You haven't convinced me so far. This coming from a Miller and Hypertherm owner... and a hack at that.

Well said, so thank you.

I actually enjoy having Mark of Everlast on here because you can get inside information on things. Being an instructor, putting down a good weld is no longer the only job requirement that I have, but rather knowing all aspects of welding, including the innards of welders.

I would love to have some of his welders because with 62 students enrolled in class right now, it would be nice to spend money on actual welding machines, and have more of them instead of overpaying for brand names. However, being the facility that we are, I do not make those buying decisions (sorry Mark).

Just paying for inverters alone would save the school money. I figured it out and just our electric costs alone...for only welders...is $80,000 per year.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #64  
True to tell, I spent a little time lookin at Marks razzle dazzle web sites and his happy club, then I did a quick & dirty comparison to his replies to posts here and a couple other places. That got me to wondering; Why did Mark give up an obviously successful position barkin the carnival midway geek show to become a spokesman for welding machines?

You sit and read Mark for 10 minutes ya notice how he returns to his carnie days and ways, don't have many answers so he clicks one of his canned phrases and trys to divert the post. Fine by me, ain't like I'm gonna buy one of his green nightmare boxes anyhow, truth totell I'm too old to need another welder, and if I was young enough to need another it wouldn't be green less it was a early P&H. Mark puts me in mind of a Banti Rooster kickin up dust.

While I was wanderin on Mark's fabulous web site I did notice a few things, confirmed em with a search engine too. That everlast company in Caliland is just rented space in another nondescript building right next to some Rent-A-Nurse outfit till one of them moves. Sort of intereesting. Kinda like when Thermal Dynamics reinvented themself planning to have nothing more on US soil than a loading dock and shipping office. Them fools got handed all of Hobart Bros engine drive line and plasma welding line and parts so ITW could settle the Lawsuit Lincoln dropped on ITW. Then TD blew the greatest chance they ever had to ****.

Far as things made in China, I been around long enough to understand China will deliver exactly what you spec, as long as you're smart enough to inspect and hold payment till the stuff is to spec and right. Chinese ain't stupid, they're teaching about half the Masters programs for Cornell on internet from China and doing it very well. They got some fine engineers too probably the engineers who design green welders.

Bottom line, I got no need of Mark, dang little tolerance for him and absolutely no intent to buy or even use free of charge any of his products. Few more things I could say but I won't cause I got a hunch Mark got a key dat makes things disappear since he pays for this forum.

(removed),
As far as tolerance... I too have precious little tolerance for you and your corn pone speak. You posted one clearly worded and spoken post here. That tells me you know better an how to properly compose, but you are all show and about inserting yourself and grabbing attention. I'm southern by birth and born and raised in the deep south. But I don't feel a need to try to "cute up" my posts by making my posts unreadable with local speak. I don't try to emulate in written word how someone might hear me speak. You go out of your way to be a forum class clown by peppering your posts with extra colorful metaphors and made up words. You can clearly write and speak better when you want. But to put it another way and possibly to use something you can understand: the (removed) dog and pony show is tiresome. It serves only to self-promote. It is a pitiful way to try to be cute. Little substance is ever delivered, and your few nuggets of gold truth that you do put down are watered down and lost in a flood of corn pone.

Certainly you are a grown man, but why do you have to (presumably you feel a need to) try to promote a man/boy image though inconsistent use of what one can only think is a mocking attempt at local dialect? Obviously, you know and can understand plain English and can type it when you want. However, your rantings reminds me when I was a kid reading about Bre'er rabbit and Tar Baby in several ways. Cut the cute speak. You know and can understand plain English and can type it when you want. I've seen the (removed) dog and pony show on other websites too. You build this persona around your fake corn pone humor and dialect, with precious little substance in between. When people tire of you, you blast into another forum introducing your brand of whatever it is...and periodically make unannounced curtain calls back on other forums when you feel the need for attention.

Clearly with your disdain for Miller, Hobart, ITW, Thermal Dynamics, and possibly Lincoln you have a negative opinion about nearly every welding company. At least you are an equal opportunity curmudgeon. I feel honored in that respect.

No. I don't have keys to this forum to make anything disappear. But it does have moderators that do meet out their judgments when things go sideways to any and all, including me.

Last edited:
   / Esab, Lincoln or Miller #65  
Well said, so thank you.

I actually enjoy having Mark of Everlast on here because you can get inside information on things. Being an instructor, putting down a good weld is no longer the only job requirement that I have, but rather knowing all aspects of welding, including the innards of welders.

I would love to have some of his welders because with 62 students enrolled in class right now, it would be nice to spend money on actual welding machines, and have more of them instead of overpaying for brand names. However, being the facility that we are, I do not make those buying decisions (sorry Mark).

Just paying for inverters alone would save the school money. I figured it out and just our electric costs alone...for only welders...is $80,000 per year.

Having been in your position (at least part time) I understand. But if you do have any funds that free up, let me know. More than a few welding schools have gone our way and benefited the students and introduced them to newer features and modernized. I was in the position to bring one or two of my personal test units in to help free up congestion at other stations. I never was allowed (or really wanted to) to talk about my other job or promote it. I never explained it to them because both they and I felt that it would be a distraction. The students never asked other than "what was my other job" and I just put it up front who I worked for. They cared more about how I could help them and what I knew than who I worked for. But I just added them (the units) in line without comment. I was amazed at the line that would form to use those machines...especially the pulse MIG.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #66  
A friend has a couple welding schools. He has all Lincoln equipment because of the heavy discounts they gave him. It's a good investment on their part because his students have red experience. Some of the people here I just skip over their posts. Usually they are the ones who bash something they've never owned. Sad really as they could be the most knowledgeable person alive but their attitude just makes me tune them out. I've read Mark's posts over the years and found them mostly informative. Sure he's now attached to Everlast and will defend their name, I wouldn't expect less.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #67  
Our local high school ag's shop uses Lincoln tombstones for stick welding, probably red boxes for other welding processes which I couldn't use in my adult-ed welding class. My little Esab 161 TLS is a fantastic inverter stick machine, I think it will do TIG with a few extras. I use it with my generator for fence and gate repairs.

This thread has taken my mind off the breathless and sensational WuFlu news reporting, thanks for the entertainment fellows :drink:

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #68  
Classic Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota spat that turned personal. Pretty ugly stuff IMO.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #69  
The last green welding machine worth owning was built by P&H.
Pretty much got it right on the first generation they brought to market too.

Attachments

• p&H.jpg
    p&H.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 94
   / Esab, Lincoln or Miller #70  
So... Esab, Lincoln, or Miller?