Esab, Lincoln or Miller

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #71  
Luckily, every different color of equipment I've tried so far has worked OK for me. I began welding on a tombstone at the in-law's farm in the early 70's and used it to make homebrew mounts for a couple snow plows and a winch. Even built a utility trailer. 10 or 12 years ago I bought a Millermatic 175 so I'd have something at home to use. Good success with both solid and flux core wire. About 2 years ago added a Hypertherm 30Air. Nice unit and handles what I get into nicely. Love not having to mess with air connections. Generally run it on 240 but it will do the smaller stuff on 120V. Most recent addition was an Everlast PowerArc STI. Seems like a very nice little machine and I hope to soon have time for a few projects with it.

I spoke directly to Mark to address a couple questions and he impressed me as a knowledgeable gentleman.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #72  
True to tell, I spent a little time lookin at Marks razzle dazzle web sites and his happy club, then I did a quick & dirty comparison to his replies to posts here and a couple other places. That got me to wondering; Why did Mark give up an obviously successful position barkin the carnival midway geek show to become a spokesman for welding machines?

You sit and read Mark for 10 minutes ya notice how he returns to his carnie days and ways, don't have many answers so he clicks one of his canned phrases and trys to divert the post. Fine by me, ain't like I'm gonna buy one of his green nightmare boxes anyhow, truth totell I'm too old to need another welder, and if I was young enough to need another it wouldn't be green less it was a early P&H. Mark puts me in mind of a Banti Rooster kickin up dust.

While I was wanderin on Mark's fabulous web site I did notice a few things, confirmed em with a search engine too. That everlast company in Caliland is just rented space in another nondescript building right next to some Rent-A-Nurse outfit till one of them moves. Sort of intereesting. Kinda like when Thermal Dynamics reinvented themself planning to have nothing more on US soil than a loading dock and shipping office. Them fools got handed all of Hobart Bros engine drive line and plasma welding line and parts so ITW could settle the Lawsuit Lincoln dropped on ITW. Then TD blew the greatest chance they ever had to ****.

Far as things made in China, I been around long enough to understand China will deliver exactly what you spec, as long as you're smart enough to inspect and hold payment till the stuff is to spec and right. Chinese ain't stupid, they're teaching about half the Masters programs for Cornell on internet from China and doing it very well. They got some fine engineers too probably the engineers who design green welders.

Bottom line, I got no need of Mark, dang little tolerance for him and absolutely no intent to buy or even use free of charge any of his products. Few more things I could say but I won't cause I got a hunch Mark got a key dat makes things disappear since he pays for this forum.

Poor (removed). Your pal can't even appreciate the catfish mouth.

From the boys that put HF start on a toilet comes:
DIAL-A-LECT!
You can tone down the sass of dem forum boys who dun talk da way dey ain't 'sposed to.

neverlast4.jpg

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller
Photos - 1 of 1.jpeg

For those who asked.....

Here is the first project - my anvil and tool stand (with lift up wheels for easy moving in the shop). It is heavy, ス" steel plate under the anvil, bottom shelf is 3/16th, and 3/16th angle for legs so it should hold up!

Next project is a stand for my small gas forge.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #74  
View attachment 665278

For those who asked.....

Here is the first project - my anvil and tool stand (with lift up wheels for easy moving in the shop). It is heavy, ス" steel plate under the anvil, bottom shelf is 3/16th, and 3/16th angle for legs so it should hold up!

Nice... and you even have room for a BBQ brush! :D

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #75  
View attachment 665278

For those who asked.....

One word of advice...put that anvil on wood. They shouldn't be mounted on steel, especially for use.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #77  
View attachment 665278

For those who asked.....

Nice!

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #78  
I really don't understand the attitudes of a few here. Everlast Mark is just another guy here providing some info (take it or leave it) like many others except he has some experience versus a backyard hack. He has been completely open with his association. It is not even 'his' company but obviously he has pride... which I respect. Not like he is a used car salesman. Why the vitriol? Let's get a ESAB, Lincoln, and Miller rep on board... that would be great. Would you kneel to them because of color?

Some of you are in the trade and that makes you someone to also listen to... but making it personal in bashing a brand and being loyal to others is seems ignorant and even short sighted. Don't be stuck in the mud. IBM, Kodak, Sears, and many others that come to mind here.

I have yet to understand the big difference between Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green in 2020. Circa 2000 okay I get it. Maybe you experts can explain... preferably with some data other than anecdotal comments. You haven't convinced me so far. This coming from a Miller and Hypertherm owner... and a hack at that.

Thanks for that DE. Saved me a bunch of typing. LOL

I just wish to say although I do own a welder, it is not an Everlast. However with the few years I have been a member of this forum I have nothing but respect for the info Mark at Everlast has provided.

I think the fact that he has made numerous members happy customers and is still around says it all.

And as far as having a bad experience with a product I am pretty certain we have all been there one time or another. One has to know when to let it go and get on with life.

Thank you Mark.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller
Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast View Post
One word of advice...put that anvil on wood. They shouldn't be mounted on steel, especially for use.

Vibration damping and it will feel a whole lot better.

Thanks guys! I was sort of wondering about that - I was thinking about putting a piece of horse stall Matt under it - would that work ok?

Like that BBQ brush huh - LOL. I had it laying around and thought it would work for the time being for a quick clean off of the anvil.

/ Esab, Lincoln or Miller #80  
If you plan on using it for actual forging, wood smoke will smell much better when you drop hot steel on to it than melting/burning stall mat will.

Aaron Z