Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe

/ Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe #11  
Added to importing is the fact that you will then be responsible to make it comply with all current regulations like emissions, seat belts, ROP and whatever else that I've missed.

OK, those offshore prices are sure attractive but for a 'one of' I doubt there will be great savings when all the smoke clears.
Shipping a container full is one thing, but one only will add $$'s.

Just designing/fabricating a ROP and proof testing it would be costly enough to kill a deal.

I'd suggest you do a lot of homework B4 going ahead.
Start with a customs broker, he'll know what all you have to comply with.

/ Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe #13  
Hi everone
I have 6acre land east of toronto and would like import tractor from china
I try ali baba site but most of them are middle man. Is any way I can directly purchase from factory.
I heard Jinma has good quality
Any idea about other brand
How should I do it
Thankyou
I would suggest that you sleep on the idea tonight, and hope that you wake up with a MUCH better idea tomorrow!

/ Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe #14  
Ok disregard some of the garbage that just came through . I'm also NE of Toronto. South of bancroft. I've had my DF , Dongfeng for over 12 yrs . 4WD, 40 hp,, fel, chipper, log splitter. Have about 600 hrs. A simple 4 speed H and 4 Low manual transmission. No shuttle or synchro . Nothing but good things. I do my own maintenance which if your mechanical will have no problem. Have had very few issues. Parts you can get from some US and Canadian suppliers. Lately I have got parts direct from China, no issues, very reasonably $ with shipping. Amazing fairly quick. Be prepared for some negative comments. Any local mechanic can Service especially if you have the parts. Again these are generally very simple to work on. Mine is a direct injection, will start easy with gp,s. I do plug it in for really cold weather. I could easily sell it for 2X what I paid for it from New from 12 years ago. The MOST and I stress, if your buying direct or a from a kit, is the setup, especially the clutch. Changing all the factory fluids , etc. As for make, yes Jinma is the most common, although other makers also. DF was considered a step up, 2 standard remotes, better alternator, and electrical. Common sump for hydraulic s and gears . Foton is another of the better makes as well. No regrets. Quality i think is only better now.
My .02 worth

To add, definitely when self importing, do your homework as others have said .
View attachment 690536View attachment 690537View attachment 690539

Last edited:
   / Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe #15  
And as an aside, please notice that all of the negative comments are coming from people that don't own a Chinese tractor, or even a Chinese built implement. So just consider the sources as irrelevant.

/ Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe #16  
OP should also understand the tractor may have to pass tier 4 emission standards

Many of the china sellers ship to countries that don't impose the standards and therefore the tractors engines are tier 2 or less.

Is Canada pre tier 4?

I, like some others that posted do own and are Very Happy with their Chinese built tractor.
My Rhino will have done 30 years of work in 2023

Last edited:
   / Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe #17  
I always love the post that say, I've had my china tractor X many years and I have had NO issues... Then go on to tell you how easy it's been for "them" to get parts and the places to get them. lol

For ME, "no issues" means you didn't need any parts!

Around here, a china tractor has very little resale, EVERY one I see has had leaks, electrical problems, junk hoses/belts, soft metal issues and on and on. I guess to a guy that buys a china tractor, that's no issues!!

To me, it's called "down time" and having to buy parts, then there's that poor resale!

SR

/ Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe #18  
We've had a Farm Pro 2420 20hp two cylinder since 2005. It was $3,000 new and I can say we've gotten our money's worth out of it. As for parts and it breaking, yes, it has. But never for a long time and if it broke on a Sunday I was able to order parts from Affordable and get them by Friday and put them on and run it the next weekend. MOstly the problems were hoses, some seals on power steering, the alternator replaced with a GM, some flat tires on the mower deck (not even made in china but the US), and there really wasn't even anything that was a big deal. Keeping the maint up for oil and fluid changes it was not really a big deal at anytime. It's been a good machine. And I've had the long term test. It has about 500hrs on it now so used lightly and stored inside out of the sun and weather which is important for long life IMO of any machine.

Steve

/ Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe #19  
I always love the post that say, I've had my china tractor X many years and I have had NO issues... Then go on to tell you how easy it's been for "them" to get parts and the places to get them. lol

For ME, "no issues" means you didn't need any parts!

Around here, a china tractor has very little resale, EVERY one I see has had leaks, electrical problems, junk hoses/belts, soft metal issues and on and on. I guess to a guy that buys a china tractor, that's no issues!!

To me, it's called "down time" and having to buy parts, then there's that poor resale!

SR
^^^^ Does not own a Chinese tractor, but has an opinion based on hearsay.

/ Buying new Chinese 40 hp tractor with front loader and back hoe #20  
Buy two identical tractors, you might have some interchangeable parts.

Watch this video before buying more chinese noname junk