2008 Kubota L3940

/ 2008 Kubota L3940 #1  

Ken_Duong

Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC
Hello everybody,

Im a new member and im seeking advice from all of the expert up here. Any help would be appreciated. Im looking to buy a 2008 Kubota L3940 GST 4WD from a local guy. The tractor is is nice shape and less than 150 hours. Asking price is $18,000 and im wondering is this a fair price or what should i offer for this tractor ? Thanks in advance

God bless !

/ 2008 Kubota L3940 #2  
Does the tractor include a loader? Backhoe? Implements? cab? Why does have less than 150 hours in thirteen years of use? Can he prove ownership? Depending on what's included and if he really does own the tractor it could be a good price. If it's just the bare tractor bear in mind what it would cost for loader and implements.

/ 2008 Kubota L3940 #4  
Kubota L3940 is of the just passed generation of Kubota 'Grand L' deluxe tractors.

This generation is known as the /40 generation. The final series of 'Grand L' tractors not burdened with mandatory Tier IV emission controls.

Current 'Grand L' tractors are of the /60 generation.

(There was no /50 generation.)

Last edited:
   / 2008 Kubota L3940
Does the tractor include a loader? Backhoe? Implements? cab? Why does have less than 150 hours in thirteen years of use? Can he prove ownership? Depending on what's included and if he really does own the tractor it could be a good price. If it's just the bare tractor bear in mind what it would cost for loader and implements.
Yes he can prove his ownership. Tractor come with FEL, grading box , and a bush hog. I just dont know why he bought it and keep it in the shed and barely use it sir

/ 2008 Kubota L3940 #6  
Yes he can prove his ownership. Tractor come with FEL, grading box , and a bush hog. I just dont know why he bought it and keep it in the shed and barely use it sir

Sounds like a really good deal to me. Especially given today's inflation and lack of availability.

I'd prefer HST in that size tractor, but if you're ok with or prefer the GST, sounds like you're getting an essentially new tractor without all the "new and improved" emission control problems.

/ 2008 Kubota L3940 #7  
Don' know but I bought a pre 4 M9000 with a loader for 18 and the M9 is 2 times the tractor in power and weight of that one.

/ 2008 Kubota L3940
Sounds like a really good deal to me. Especially given today's inflation and lack of availability.

I'd prefer HST in that size tractor, but if you're ok with or prefer the GST, sounds like you're getting an essentially new tractor without all the "new and improved" emission control problems.
I do like HST too sir , but i guess i have to get this one. GST is not that bad

/ 2008 Kubota L3940 #10  
Don' know but I bought a pre 4 M9000 with a loader for 18 and the M9 is 2 times the tractor in power and weight of that one.
I think you mentioned earlier today that you had the dealer do $5K in repairs when you first got that M9000 tractor, right? Still sounds like a good deal, but based on your other post you must admit that you have $23K in it. Still a good deal.

It's really not apples to apples. You can't compare 100 HP tractors to 40 HP tractors and they're obviously going to be used very differently. Pound for pound, the smaller tractors are worth more -- or at least they sell for more. This tractor is a newer generation than the M9000 with extremely low hours.

Doesn't sound like it has a cab, but with the equipment he mentioned, it's selling for less than the largest Kubota B models were selling for in 2002. And it's a "40" series which is an added plus. Still seems like a really nice tractor and potentially a good deal to me.

Just my opinion. . .