555E bubbling oil

/ 555E bubbling oil #1  

bikernut

Tractor
bikernutgoofy@gmail.com
my 555E upon starting it after sitting about 3+ months and about 20 degrees out yesterday started fine after a bit of plug in time. after using it for about 1/2 hour I noticed a stream of oil when I drove it, upon checking for said leak I found it was bubbling oil out of the dip stick tube. This has never happened before and I was wondering if this could be a stuck venting valve because of the cold and not using it. I know nothing about this item and my guy that usually does the maintenance work is so far behind he won't be able to look at if for at least a month or more so any help would be appreciated as I don't want to destroy it. has 5200 hours on the clock and runs great. thanks

l

/ 555E bubbling oil #2  
When cold, how much oil is in the pan? Too much oil will cause this to happen.

Is there any white smoke coming out of the exhaust? Blow by will cause this if your cylinders are worn. You don't have enough hours for this to be expected, but some engines wear out faster then others.

Pull the dipstick while the engine is running and feel for air coming out of the dipstick tube. Look for smoke too. This could be another sign of worn cylinders.

I have 8,500 hours on my 555E and I'm getting blow by. I'll have to rebuild the engine in the next year or two.

/ 555E bubbling oil #3  
Check for a froze up crankcase vent. If it can't vent it will blow out the dipstick or blow past a gasket or seal.

/ 555E bubbling oil #6  
When cold, how much oil is in the pan? Too much oil will cause this to happen.

Is there any white smoke coming out of the exhaust? Blow by will cause this if your cylinders are worn. You don't have enough hours for this to be expected, but some engines wear out faster then others.

Pull the dipstick while the engine is running and feel for air coming out of the dipstick tube. Look for smoke too. This could be another sign of worn cylinders.

I have 8,500 hours on my 555E and I'm getting blow by. I'll have to rebuild the engine in the next year or two.
I would check the oil level. if you have a lift pump, it may have a torn diaphragm that's leaking fuel into the lube oil. Also make sure the crankcase vent is not obstructed.

/ 555E bubbling oil
Check for a froze up crankcase vent. If it can't vent it will blow out the dipstick or blow past a gasket or seal.
where is the vent located? thanks

/ 555E bubbling oil #8  
Keep a close eye on your oil level and the hydraulic level. It is possible on many tractors for a leaking seal on the hydraulic pump to leak hydraulic oil into the crankcase. This can lead to an over full crankcase condition and engine damage.
I'm wondering if this is happening to my 555E. I seem to have more oil in it then I should. What would the oio look like if this is happening?

/ 555E bubbling oil #9  
   / 555E bubbling oil #10  
where is the vent located? thanks
It generally runs from the valve cover to the bottom of the engine unless it has a PVC valve in which case it may run into the intake manifold. I have never seen one of the latter on a tractor but I guess it is possible.