$1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous

/ $1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous #41  
When I bought mine, it came with a plastic hood. If you didn't want a plastic hood, you could special order it with a plastic hood. ;)

I didn't like the idea of plastic but...... Whatever. Then I was loading on old cabinet mica top (at least 6' long) into a rented dumpster and it decided to bail our out of my bucket and landed square on my hood; Barely missing my face. I mean, it landed on its edge. Hard. It was pretty heavy

I got down, checked it out and all it did was mar the surface of the hood a little bit.

I'm staying with plastic

/ $1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous #42  
I was unaware that they even had plastic hoods for Kioti's. My son, while trying to help move cut wood, lifted the bucket too high and a piece fell out and back on the hood and put a good size "ding" in it. Ok, he was trying to help. That was 6-7 years ago, so fast forward to November 2021 and he was using my CK25 to try to move/load a Curtis snow plow onto a trailer and it swung back into the front right corner of hood, headlight and grill. I was more pissed with that one but figured one of these days I will do something worse. I will have to see if a plastic hood can fit a 2005 CK25.

/ $1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous #43  
Called the dealer to find out a new hood -- a stamped piece of sheet metal painted orange is $1100.00 from Kioti. No that doesn't include lights or anything else -- just the orange metal.
That actually sounds about right. Unless it’s just beyond salvage I would bang out the dented one and looking at it every day would remind me to not push the machine beyond it’s limits. My tractor is dinged up all over. It’s a tractor not a sports car.

/ $1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous #44  
I have been dealing with outrageous parts prices my whole life, in the body shop.

Here is a recent example, a customer backed an almost new, late model Ram, into a pole. The bumper, (in name only), folded like a cheap deck chair, and the tailgate got crushed. New tailgate, OEM, unpainted, not one of the fancy ones, just a simple, straight tailgate. $1100.

There are three emblems on it, each one of them is around $100.

The latches are electric, so there is wiring, a switch, the support cables, a back up camera, etc. If someone were to steal one of these tailgates, the total replacement cost to the victim, would be about $2000. o_O

Manufacturers pay for the entire cost of designing, and tooling for the parts, selling the finished product. So, aside from some basic costs, it's mostly profit. In the case of the tailgate, it's a substantial profit.

Unless you want to put junk aftermarket Chinese parts on your new truck, there are no other good options. And, no the salvage yards are not full of them, yet.

/ $1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous #45  
When I bought mine, it came with a plastic hood. If you didn't want a plastic hood, you could special order it with a plastic hood. ;)

I didn't like the idea of plastic but...... Whatever. Then I was loading on old cabinet mica top (at least 6' long) into a rented dumpster and it decided to bail our out of my bucket and landed square on my hood; Barely missing my face. I mean, it landed on its edge. Hard. It was pretty heavy

I got down, checked it out and all it did was mar the surface of the hood a little bit.

I'm staying with plastic
I see a lot of Saturn cars with the plastic body parts that are 20 to 30 years old and still look new. I think GM discontinued the line because they last too long.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-24 084152.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-24 084152.png
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 51
   / $1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous #46  
I have been dealing with outrageous parts prices my whole life, in the body shop.

Here is a recent example, a customer backed an almost new, late model Ram, into a pole. The bumper, (in name only), folded like a cheap deck chair, and the tailgate got crushed. New tailgate, OEM, unpainted, not one of the fancy ones, just a simple, straight tailgate. $1100.

There are three emblems on it, each one of them is around $100.

The latches are electric, so there is wiring, a switch, the support cables, a back up camera, etc. If someone were to steal one of these tailgates, the total replacement cost to the victim, would be about $2000. o_O

Manufacturers pay for the entire cost of designing, and tooling for the parts, selling the finished product. So, aside from some basic costs, it's mostly profit. In the case of the tailgate, it's a substantial profit.

Unless you want to put junk aftermarket Chinese parts on your new truck, there are no other good options. And, no the salvage yards are not full of them, yet.
You gotta give the custie what he wants. I guess.

I used to wonder why, oh why, people demand putting a brand new, OEM, sooper-expensive body part on a vehicle that was already half-way through its expected life-span.

So, in 10 years, when the rest of the truck is rusted to pieces, at least he'll have a good looking tailgate. The rest of the truck will be in the scrapyard, but the tailgate will be shiny.

I've seen 'junk aftermarket Chinese parts' out-last the OEM garbage. Usually not, but sometimes. Besides, my Ram was made in Mexico :)

My tractor is a Kioti, my first new car ever was a Roadrunner and my Ram was made in Mexico....??

EachRecklessEasteuropeanshepherd-size_restricted.gif

/ $1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous #47  
You gotta give the custie what he wants. I guess.

I used to wonder why, oh why, people demand putting a brand new, OEM, sooper-expensive body part on a vehicle that was already half-way through its expected life-span.

So, in 10 years, when the rest of the truck is rusted to pieces, at least he'll have a good looking tailgate. The rest of the truck will be in the scrapyard, but the tailgate will be shiny.

I've seen 'junk aftermarket Chinese parts' out-last the OEM garbage. Usually not, but sometimes. Besides, my Ram was made in Mexico :)

My tractor is a Kioti, my first new car ever was a Roadrunner and my Ram was made in Mexico....??

EachRecklessEasteuropeanshepherd-size_restricted.gif
Many of us live in places where vehicles don’t rust.

/ $1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous #48  
2006! That's a blast from the past.

I was thinking why the fellow could use a rubber mallet and hammer out most of the dent?

When I first saw the price I was thinking present day. :ROFLMAO:

/ $1100.00 For CK-20 Hood - ridiculous #49  
When I bought my 1999 lightly used L3710 back in 2003, the hood and gas door were damaged from the previous owner. It was obvious that it happened removing the loader. It probably saved me about $1,000 on the price of the tractor. I've never fixed it in the 20 years I've owned it and it has never bothered me.

I would talk my brother out of fixing it and give him a hard time about it whenever I could. LOL

Kevin