Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #551  
Also, most people don’t adjust their mirrors properly. They adjust the side view mirrors so that they see the side of their own car as they travel down the highway. That leaves large blind spots to your sides. Why do you want to look at the side of your car? It’s gonna follow you wherever you go and it’s not going to run into you. ;) Move your mirrors out more, to the point that as soon as a car leaves the side view mirror, it’s in you peripheral vision. That does a better job of eliminating the blind spots.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #552  
Also, most people don’t adjust their mirrors properly. They adjust the side view mirrors so that they see the side of their own car as they travel down the highway. That leaves large blind spots to your sides. Why do you want to look at the side of your car? It’s gonna follow you wherever you go and it’s not going to run into you. ;) Move your mirrors out more, to the point that as soon as a car leaves the side view mirror, it’s in you peripheral vision. That does a better job of eliminating the blind spots.
Because I want to see a car that's coming up behind me. Also, by including the door handles in my view I am sure that there's no blind spot between the mirror and my truck. It also helps with backing up, especially with a trailer on.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #554  
On an interesting note, here in Maine
I lived in maine, My elder brother went to school there and had his first job as a transportation civil engineer there. BOTHS of us had the same manner experience. Very often, so often that one is tempted to use words like always and every, a local mainer wouldbe at a stop sign adjacent to a larger road. They'd watch you coming and watch you and watch you, and then, just as you were almost on top of the intersection they'd jump out forcing you to apply brakes.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #555  
I don't drive the speed limit on freeways and won't. Packs of folks in a hurry have no trouble going around me or the semis who like me drive <70 mph.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #556  
Because I want to see a car that's coming up behind me. Also, by including the door handles in my view I am sure that there's no blind spot between the mirror and my truck. It also helps with backing up, especially with a trailer on.
Yeah, that’s the way most of us were taught. Take a recent driver safety class from your insurance company and they’ll show you all kinds of neat things.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #558  
Do you not have a Central mirror on the windscreen?
Yep, and that works fine if there's nothing in the bed of the truck. Pretty useless for backing up my trailer though.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #559  
I lived in maine, My elder brother went to school there and had his first job as a transportation civil engineer there. BOTHS of us had the same manner experience. Very often, so often that one is tempted to use words like always and every, a local mainer wouldbe at a stop sign adjacent to a larger road. They'd watch you coming and watch you and watch you, and then, just as you were almost on top of the intersection they'd jump out forcing you to apply brakes.

See, they were going to let you pass first, then they'd see those Jersey plates and decide that you ought to have stayed home. 😂

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #560  
Windscreen is a sore spot today. We were driving across the Metroplex on R.L. Thornton and a truck in one of the middle lanes starts dropping rocks, not gravel, not pebbles, not sand. He was 50-100 yards away and we were still showered with rock. One hit low and started running cracks right away.