Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #571  
I carry a grand deductible as well but here, there is NO deductible for auto glass coverage. 100% covered.
I used have that with State Farm when I carried Collision and Comprehensive. I only carry full coverage on my wife's truck since that is one on the road 99% of time. Need to pull the fly by wire throttle on my station wagon since has a slight stick, either fix or replace. I never take the other trucks off property these days.
At least with Geico you must have Collision and Comprehensive to get glass coverage and only free if you live in states that mandate it. No mandates for stuff here and hope they never do, if there is you are paying for it. The insurance business is all about the odds and the house always wins in the long run.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #573  
Glass coverage is almost a necessary thing here for the reasons I stated previously.
When I lived in NC it was needed and I carried it.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #575  
I occasionally see a car with AK plates and think "That can't be right, the windshield isn't cracked."

Bruce

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #576  
We had a tragic accident in our little town involving a friend of mine. He was sitting in the left lane making a turn and a local HS girl was putting on makeup in the visor mirror (they should be illegal, too). She slammed into the back of his pickup truck at highway speed. She was killed instantly.
High school girls or high school girls putting on make-up?

There are laws against distracted driving in every state. The problem is with our legal system that unless that specific act is codified then they are not prosecuted which is an insane interpretation of the law. If something distracts you from focusing on the driving you should be liable - why does it matter what it is and if it is clearly enough defined?

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #577  
If he had been in say a Tesla, he'd probably be deceased as well. I know I feel much safer and secure in my wife's Suburban than I do in my roller skate Focus. Even with her driving...lol Like your Ram Pickup, surrounded by a real frame not tin foil.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #578  
Glass coverage is almost a necessary thing here for the reasons I stated previously.
Michigan has high auto insurance rates for a lot of reasons. They also have a lot of gravel roads that you do not see in the next states south. I haven't replaced a windshield for thirty years - and some of my vehicles are old enough they probably should be replaced just for visibility - the miscellaneous impacts over the years has done its surface damage that i keep a good coating of RainX on them to make the view clearer.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #579  
Actually Michigan coverage rates have dropped and are now equal or less than even Ohio. The legislators canned the MCCA addendum, You can carry it if you want it or you can opt out. We opted out. Gravel trucks on paved roads not gravel roads cause windshield issues.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #580  
High school girls or high school girls putting on make-up?

There are laws against distracted driving in every state. The problem is with our legal system that unless that specific act is codified then they are not prosecuted which is an insane interpretation of the law. If something distracts you from focusing on the driving you should be liable - why does it matter what it is and if it is clearly enough defined?
Neither.
The lighted vanity mirror on the driver side should be illegal.
Nobody should be looking into a lighted mirror while driving.
It should only be used as a sunshade