Which trailer brand has best paint finish?

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #11  
Becids paint another thing to stay away from is any box tube in a trailer. You can never seal it enough and you cant paint inside the tube. So your left with a steel tube that's rotting out from the inside.

I'm wool waxing the underside of my trailers now. I just bought a new Appalachian trailer and fully expect to flip it over and scrape/wire brush and paint it in 8-10yrs.

Another issue is with Pressure treated decking nearly anything that touches it will rust or corrode.

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #12  

They can custom build for you in a few weeks too.

1 COAT OF PRIMER AND 2 COATS OF POLYURETHANE PAINT (PAINTED UNDERNEATH)

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish?
Ended up with Diamond C. 3" I beam crossmembers on 16" centers and 6k lb axles for only $500 more than the others was the tie breaker. But also got toolbox, and d rings that were extras on the others. This one also has a somewhat unique frame with integrated tongue so deck is lower for easier loading. Also seems like things are slowing down a bit, manufacturer had a rebate so the price difference was less than expected. Powdercoated, but they claim to do a lot more prep work (I don't know much about powdercoat but seems good), video explaining it linked below. Anyway, that's the update and conclusion.

1659621147_1.jpg

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #14  
Looking for a 10k lb car hauler with wood deck that will be stored outside. I’ve seen lightly used trailers with way more rust than I’d expect. Brands that Seem well built, are within budget and have features I want include Sure-Trac, Diamond C (20% more than others), Lamar. Won’t be used hard so weathering will be an issue because I’m not going to wear it out with use. Aluminum is at least 50% more, will it last enough longer than steel to consider it?

Who cares? An angle grinder and a bit of paint...maybe a few hours and you are done. I would be much more concerned about the rest of the trailer (steel thickness, welds, axle quality, brakes, wiring, etc).

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #15  
Nice trailer. I like. (y) (y)

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #16  
Ended up with Diamond C. 3" I beam crossmembers on 16" centers and 6k lb axles for only $500 more than the others was the tie breaker. But also got toolbox, and d rings that were extras on the others. This one also has a somewhat unique frame with integrated tongue so deck is lower for easier loading. Also seems like things are slowing down a bit, manufacturer had a rebate so the price difference was less than expected. Powdercoated, but they claim to do a lot more prep work (I don't know much about powdercoat but seems good), video explaining it linked below. Anyway, that's the update and conclusion.

View attachment 769761

Is that from Fayette Trailers?
They are nice people

Not a fan of powercoating. It seems to flake off if applied incorrectly.

Bottom line with what I’ve seen in 30 years of trailer ownership is all their paint jobs pretty much suck. They look good for 3-5 years. After that, its downhill.

Who cares? An angle grinder and a bit of paint...maybe a few hours and you are done. I would be much more concerned about the rest of the trailer (steel thickness, welds, axle quality, brakes, wiring, etc).

It would be stupid not to care. I’m buying a new trailer with lots of manufacturer options, if there’s two that meet my needs why not get the one with the better finish and avoid hours of grinding and painting?

Is that from Fayette Trailers?
They are nice people

Not a fan of powercoating. It seems to flake off if applied incorrectly.

Bottom line with what I’ve seen in 30 years of trailer ownership is all their paint jobs pretty much suck. They look good for 3-5 years. After that, its downhill.

Yes from Fayette, very nice will go back if I need anything else. Powder coat seems pretty common so it was hard to avoid, we will see how it holds up.

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #19  
It would be stupid not to care. I’m buying a new trailer with lots of manufacturer options, if there’s two that meet my needs why not get the one with the better finish and avoid hours of grinding and painting?

All else being equal yes. But my point was to make sure everything else IS equal. The important stuff. You didnt ask about any other parts of the trailer, so I assume you already know all of that?

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #20  
So this is way more complicated than I expected. CAM is out, spoke to a very helpful factory rep that said car hauler shouldn't be used for equipment like mini ex or skid loader because weight would be too concentrated even if under limit. Buying a trailer that won't break is more important than finish. Lamar seems to make the strongest car hauler with C channel cross members, which can be optioned at 16" centers.

Wait you want a car hauler that also handles heavy equipment?